IGNORED

Beating a dead horse: traveling tool kit for R1150RT.

barrys

I'm trying to put together a little tool kit to take on the road. In reading MANY articles and forum posts, and only one listed fastener types and sizes. But, that was for an F800 and it seems that BMW have changed fasteners a bit and I'm not sure if that bike was made where mine was. I could also see law enforcement wanting less variability for fasteners for obvious reasons.

On my bike I see plenty of hex head, allen head, and torx fasteners. I didn't see any "E Torx" (male torx fasteners). Did I miss some? It seems that the right variety sockets (hex, allen, and torx) and keys should be enough.

To that I plan to add:

Stock plug boot remover.

Briggs and Stratton alternative for plug socket.

Ratchet.

Wiggler extension.

Multi-bit screwdriver.

Universal Forcing Tool (UFT) and ratchet handle extension which is a foot of 1/2" pipe.

Knipex Cobra pliers because I love them...

I'll have some wire, crimp connectors, fuses, alligator jumpers, etc. Should carry extra plugs and a blinker bulb. I also have a nice tire plug kit. A roll of "pipe tape." Maybe a new tube of epoxy.

So, how does that sound?

I try to travel with a lot of BMWST members who can provide any tool ever known to work on a BMW! :wave:

151145419086.jpg

Edited by Bud

I take the same tool roll I use at home. When I work on my bike, if there is a tool I use it goes into the roll and stays there. On the road I add a tire plug kit and compressor.