IGNORED

Rear brake switch error message '03 RT

fatbob

I'm getting the red light on the dash now and then, not all the time. GS 911 says rear brake switch error. I'm assuming that's the switch on the pedal. Brakes and lights work fine. Reckon I'll check the connections first for corrosion. Anyone had this error?

I'm getting the red light on the dash now and then, not all the time. GS 911 says rear brake switch error. I'm assuming that's the switch on the pedal. Brakes and lights work fine. Reckon I'll check the connections first for corrosion. Anyone had this error?

Morning fatbob

First make sure that you aren't riding (or riding off) with your foot on the brake pedal (easy to do with winter riding gear on)

Then look at the rear brake switch for a small stone or mud caught in the switch reed assembly.

Also, make sure the the rear brake pedal isn't binding on it's pivot & is returning easily & smoothly.

Then go by the BMW manual & fully (correctly) adjust the rear pedal stop & switch.

The switch should be N/C & go open when the brake pedal is pushed.

If you can't find anything then try riding using only the front brake lever to see if the problem isn't present. (front lever operates both front & rear brakes so you will have full braking)