IGNORED

Anyone near Ft Worth?

Rougarou

I placed a bid and haven't been outbid yet. We'll see in a week. My trailer was wiped out by H. Irma so this could serve as a replacement. Only some light repairs I would hope. Thanks for the heads up, I have relatives in FTW that can gather it up for me.

Wow, good find Richard...being members of close knit group of enthusiasts has all kinds of benefits. And no; I'm not going to try and outbid another member.

Dennis Andress

Laney and I have a few thousand miles on our Kendon...

The brake/taillight assemblies vibrate enough to kill bulbs. In one case the bulb socket came apart and rattled around inside the light. Replacement LED assemblies are the fix, which it looks like that one has.

I don't see a spare tire and wheel in the pictures. But, the spare mounts under the trailer where it drags on almost any high spot.

The wheel bearings are the cheapest flavor of Chinese available. NAPA can get good ones. (I've got the receipt if you need part numbers.)

The wheel chocks are more hassle than useful. Later models of the trailer provide three mounting holes for the chocks so you can slide it forward or back to fit the bike's front wheel.

I like the trailer because it's easy to store. An enclosed trailer would be better.

Edited by Dennis Andress

Thanks Dennis, I had thought about the bearings as I have been on the wrong side of a bad bearing before. The other things I would not have thought of. I hope to replace my enclosed trailr over the winter but if I can get this one for a low price I'll have a good enough reason to drive to Texas to visit.

The brake/taillight assemblies vibrate enough to kill bulbs. In one case the bulb socket came apart and rattled around inside the light. Replacement LED assemblies are the fix, which it looks like that one has.

I don't see a spare tire and wheel in the pictures. But, the spare mounts under the trailer where it drags on almost any high spot.

The wheel bearings are the cheapest flavor of Chinese available. NAPA can get good ones. (I've got the receipt if you need part numbers.)

The wheel chocks are more hassle than useful. Later models of the trailer provide three mounting holes for the chocks so you can slide it forward or back to fit the bike's front wheel.

I like the trailer because it's easy to store. An enclosed trailer would be better.

Dennis, I'd like the bearing part numbers. I assume my newer trailer uses the same ones. No hurry, it's in the garage for the winter.

Dennis, I'd like the bearing part numbers. I assume my newer trailer uses the same ones. No hurry, it's in the garage for the winter.

If you can put them in a reply to this posting, we'll all have them. Thanks! - K^2

By the way, Kendon has two different models these days, the original, as shown in the OP's posting, and one with a wide ramp which "squats" as the bike is ridden up onto the trailer. Rails guide the front wheel into a very substantial chock, and hold the bike up while you attach tiedowns. It makes it possible for any cretin (me) to load and unload a heavy bike without assistance. Those looking for a new trailer, this version is well worth the extra money. Only thing wrong with mine is I bought a single bike trailer, and wish I had gotten one for two bikes.

My Hyundai Santa Fe, with a 2 liter turbo engine, will pull the trailer with a K1600GT at 80mph all day long, as if it wasn't even back there.