BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1002016 - 12/06/17 04:02 AM Re: Grip Puppies vs Beemer Boneyard grips [Re: realshelby]  
gordiet Offline
gordiet  Offline

Washington State and Arizona s...
Originally Posted by realshelby
I have tried the foam grip puppies on several bikes over the years. They do reduce vibration. They also give a numb feeling to the bars. They also get wet and take a while to dry ( both in rain and after washing). I do like the larger diameter and they do offer a secure grip.

I have been running these ( or the 0-rings that are the same I bought from the company I buy them from for another product...) O-ring grip covers. These are a larger diameter, actually feel a bit like the old tapered Oilhead grips ( best ever!). They don't soak up water. Heated grip function works about the same. Best of all, they don't have that numb feeling the foam grip covers give!

I have tried the foam grip puppies on several bikes over the years. They do reduce vibration. They also give a numb feeling to the bars. They also get wet and take a while to dry ( both in rain and after washing). I do like the larger diameter and they do offer a secure grip.

I have been running these ( or the 0-rings that are the same I bought from the company I buy them from for another product...) O-ring grip covers. These are a larger diameter, actually feel a bit like the old tapered Oilhead grips ( best ever!). They don't soak up water. Heated grip function works about the same. Best of all, they don't have that numb feeling the foam grip covers give!

I’ve been using grip puppies for about five years now and have never had them absorb water. I tend to ride in some very inclement weather and have never experienced an issue. They are extremely easy to install I spray them with WD-40 and slip them right over the existing grip. GT

#1002126 - 12/09/17 01:54 AM Re: Grip Puppies vs Beemer Boneyard grips [Re: gordiet]  
blackbrick Offline
Newer Member
blackbrick  Offline
Newer Member

Alexandria, va
i have grip BUDDIES (AKA Beemer Buddies), not puppies, on all my bikes. easy on, no water absorb, comfortable, work with heated grips. highly recommend!
http://www.shop.originalbeemerbuddies.com/SMARTSKIN-OBB-AB-SS-OBB-AB-SS.htm

Last edited by blackbrick; 12/09/17 01:55 AM.

Marshall
92 K75s schwartz
94 K75s schwartz
09 K1300s lava orange
#1002127 - 12/09/17 11:36 AM Re: Grip Puppies vs Beemer Boneyard grips [Re: realshelby]  
Dave_in_TX Offline
Dave_in_TX  Offline

Austin TX

Do the O rings help reduce vibration?

#1002130 - 12/09/17 01:05 PM Re: Grip Puppies vs Beemer Boneyard grips [Re: Dave_in_TX]  
realshelby Offline
realshelby  Offline

Houston, Tx
Originally Posted by Dave_in_TX

Do the O rings help reduce vibration?

I would say they reduce vibration a smaller amount than the foam grip puppies/buddies do. They are a soft rubber, softer than the grips on the bike. One more advantage to the o-ring setup is wear. They don't seem to show any wear at all! One season on the foam type and they were showing some age. Depends on how many miles you ride too.

Page 2 of 2 1 2