BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1001895 - 12/03/17 09:58 PM Re: 2017 Xmas wish List [Re: Skywagon]  
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,285
Bernie Offline
Member
Bernie  Offline
Member

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,285
Jax, FL
Originally Posted by Skywagon
Machine Moto front fender extender...will keep your engine significantly cleaner and no holes to drill. Side stand enlarger. I like the one from Wunderlich. Hyperlites for additional rear visibility. Not sure what you call them, but Effbee can weigh in...reflector coverage for your bags...had them on last 3 bikes and would not ride at night without them... awesome product.



I installed the Machine Motor front fender and like the clean look it provides.
Also Effbee's reflective kit is easy to install and does the trick in providing extra conspicuous when parking in the dark or if the taillight ever goes out. Cheap insurance.


Bernie
Jax, FL
2018 R1200RT, Alpinweiss, starting out fresh.
2007 R1200RT, Double Silver 188,700 Smiles, SOLD
2000 R1100RT, Opal 104,000 Smiles, SOLD
BMW-MOA, BMW-RA,
AMA, BMW-NEF,
#1001911 - 12/04/17 04:16 AM Re: 2017 Xmas wish List [Re: Skywagon]  
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,615
RTinNC Offline
Member
RTinNC  Offline
Member

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,615
Charlotte, NC
Originally Posted by Skywagon
Machine Moto front fender extender...will keep your engine significantly cleaner and no holes to drill. Side stand enlarger. I like the one from Wunderlich. Hyperlites for additional rear visibility. Not sure what you call them, but Effbee can weigh in...reflector coverage for your bags...had them on last 3 bikes and would not ride at night without them... awesome product.



Second the MaM Fender Extender! Have them on both my BMW's and love it.

Some other ideas if you don't already have:

Leatherman Wave multi tool with added bit kit.
Give Tank Lock Tank Bag
LD Comforts Riding Shorts
Box of your favorite foamy ear plugs
Tire inflator
EZ Pass Holder if you live anywhere where it is used
Base layer - I like the Ice Breaker Merino Wool but there are lots of choices


Ed Apelianbike
'16 R1200RTW - Platinum Bronze Metallic
'12 R1200GSA - Magma Red - (my 1150GS replacement)

All it takes is an open road and an open mind!
#1001930 - 12/04/17 02:53 PM Re: 2017 Xmas wish List [Re: Paul De]  
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 40
LittleBriar Offline
Newer Member
LittleBriar  Offline
Newer Member

Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 40
My kids have already committed their Christmas presents to me so I had to buy my own MaM Fender Extender this morning. I hadn't seen it before (or I forgot). Great suggestion.


'16 R1200RT
#1001939 - 12/04/17 06:32 PM Re: 2017 Xmas wish List [Re: LittleBriar]  
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,615
RTinNC Offline
Member
RTinNC  Offline
Member

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,615
Charlotte, NC
Originally Posted by LittleBriar
My kids have already committed their Christmas presents to me so I had to buy my own MaM Fender Extender this morning. I hadn't seen it before (or I forgot). Great suggestion.


It is extremely well made and fits like a champ. You may also look into the cylinder head guards. I have them as well and really like them.


Ed Apelianbike
'16 R1200RTW - Platinum Bronze Metallic
'12 R1200GSA - Magma Red - (my 1150GS replacement)

All it takes is an open road and an open mind!
#1002026 - 12/06/17 01:56 PM Re: 2017 Xmas wish List [Re: Paul De]  
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,031
Paul De Offline
Member
Paul De  Offline
Member

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,031
Milwaukee Wisconsin, USA
Thanks for all the input.

That extended front fended farkel was a must add item and is already on this RT. Learned this is a needed fix with my '99RT after trying to clean tar balls off the header pipes and front motor cover. Why BMW insists on a stubby tailed front fender letting the motor get krudded up is a mystery.

Added to my list so far
knipex pliers
Tire inflator (nails seem to find my tires too frequently)
LD Comforts Riding Shorts
Grip Buddies

Will put the Werks Quiet Ride windshield on my B-day list


If the good old days were so damn good, why did we bother to invent modern times?

Most missed bike: Bultaco Sherpa T 326
#1002029 - 12/06/17 02:38 PM Re: 2017 Xmas wish List [Re: Paul De]  
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 2
Pappy35 Offline
Just Joined
Pappy35  Offline
Just Joined

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 2
Near Memphis, TN
Does no one offer a front engine case cover? Seems like an easy thing to make since it doesn't have to be bullet-proof, just something that's either easy to clean or even disposable. I'd have a heart attack the first time I noticed a ding to the crankcase cover. Fender extender is a definite must-have.

#1002040 - 12/06/17 08:06 PM Re: 2017 Xmas wish List [Re: Pappy35]  
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,247
lkraus Offline
Member
lkraus  Offline
Member

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,247
Central Ohio
Originally Posted by Pappy35
Does no one offer a front engine case cover? Seems like an easy thing to make since it doesn't have to be bullet-proof, just something that's either easy to clean or even disposable. I'd have a heart attack the first time I noticed a ding to the crankcase cover. Fender extender is a definite must-have.


A cover for a cover seems a bit redundant.

I don't understand why any bike comes with short fenders (front and rear) that don't keep the crud of the bike. Why bother at all if they are too short to be effective?


Larry
2006 R1200RT
#1002041 - 12/06/17 08:45 PM Re: 2017 Xmas wish List [Re: lkraus]  
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 2
Pappy35 Offline
Just Joined
Pappy35  Offline
Just Joined

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 2
Near Memphis, TN
Originally Posted by lkraus
A cover for a cover seems a bit redundant.


I agree. Perhaps I should have said "An inexpensive cover for a (no doubt) very expensive cover." grin

Edit: The front cover is a little less than $400! So, yeah, a plastic shield of some kind perhaps???

Last edited by Pappy35; 12/06/17 08:53 PM.
#1002042 - 12/06/17 08:54 PM Re: 2017 Xmas wish List [Re: Paul De]  
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,615
RTinNC Offline
Member
RTinNC  Offline
Member

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,615
Charlotte, NC
Originally Posted by Paul De
Thanks for all the input.

That extended front fended farkel was a must add item and is already on this RT. Learned this is a needed fix with my '99RT after trying to clean tar balls off the header pipes and front motor cover. Why BMW insists on a stubby tailed front fender letting the motor get krudded up is a mystery.

Added to my list so far
knipex pliers
Tire inflator (nails seem to find my tires too frequently)
LD Comforts Riding Shorts
Grip Buddies

Will put the Werks Quiet Ride windshield on my B-day list


Let me know when you are ready for the Werks shield as mine will be up for sale.


Ed Apelianbike
'16 R1200RTW - Platinum Bronze Metallic
'12 R1200GSA - Magma Red - (my 1150GS replacement)

All it takes is an open road and an open mind!
#1002052 - 12/07/17 02:25 AM Re: 2017 Xmas wish List [Re: RTinNC]  
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,031
Paul De Offline
Member
Paul De  Offline
Member

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,031
Milwaukee Wisconsin, USA
Originally Posted by RTinNC

Let me know when you are ready for the Werks shield as mine will be up for sale.


What? You're not luv'n it no more? Seemed like all who had bought this windshield liked them a lot.

Last edited by Paul De; 12/07/17 02:26 AM.

If the good old days were so damn good, why did we bother to invent modern times?

Most missed bike: Bultaco Sherpa T 326
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.009s Queries: 15 (0.002s) Memory: 2.8057 MB (Peak: 2.9951 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2017-12-18 07:03:11 UTC