BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1002059 - 12/07/17 03:41 PM Linked photo display problem  
sardineone Offline
sardineone  Offline

Indiana, USA
As a demonstration of linked photos that don't display on many devices this discussion Linked phots not working . I rechecked the properties of a linked photo I used in one of my previous posts that wasn't working as when I just posted and found the under properties the address was modified from the original I posted. I pasted each independently on IE and my original would still pull up the photo from my 'One Drive' account and the one from my BMWST post which was changed could not be displayed. Maybe the BMWST webmaster can make something out of this information? lurk

Attached Files
Linked photo problem.JPG (18 downloads)

You are what you have ridden!
-------------------------------------------------
George Martin
R1200ST(ESA equipped)
#1002075 - 12/07/17 11:12 PM Re: Linked photo display problem [Re: sardineone]  
greiffster Offline
Administrator
greiffster  Offline

Administrator

Clarksville, Tennessee
George,
I'm not really sure what is going on with your original post that was modified by BMWST? That doesn't compute to me. Can you point me to the post?

Now, in regards to displaying photos from the BMWMOA site. You will definitely NOT see them in less you are logged in to the BMWMOA as a member. Or you at least have your login credentials saved to the browser. I just test that. I can see those photos both in Chrome and Fiirefox when logged in, but not when logged out and passwords cleared.

-mike

-Mike
'08 GSA
"If I don't like it, I'm not blaming myself!"
K. Greiff
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."
M. Jagger
#1002112 - 12/08/17 05:09 PM Re: Linked photo display problem [Re: greiffster]  
sardineone Offline
sardineone  Offline

Indiana, USA
Hi Mike, Thanks for your response. Here's the thread I had a problem with my linked photo that I meant to have you reference Page 4

I had no problem with not being able to log into BMWMOA. The only reason I got there was the previous thread I referenced above by mistake took me there when I checked the properties of the photos that wouldn't display for me here at BMWST. I want no misunderstanding, my intent is not to criticize the BMWST site. I'm just trying to assist troubleshooting this inconvenience of viewing linked images.

George Martin
R1200ST(ESA equipped)
#1002140 - 12/09/17 07:44 PM Re: Linked photo display problem [Re: sardineone]  
bakerzdosen Offline
Dislocated Member
bakerzdosen  Offline

Dislocated Member

Provo, UT
Originally Posted by sardineone
Hi Mike, Thanks for your response. Here's the thread I had a problem with my linked photo that I meant to have you reference Page 4

I had no problem with not being able to log into BMWMOA. The only reason I got there was the previous thread I referenced above by mistake took me there when I checked the properties of the photos that wouldn't display for me here at BMWST. I want no misunderstanding, my intent is not to criticize the BMWST site. I'm just trying to assist troubleshooting this inconvenience of viewing linked images.

It looks like this is your image link/url:
https://ukhttq.bn1304.livefilestore...x6JAA8gV8jS4YQDhWw/BarryRespect%20Sm.jpg

That file comes up as a non-existant image for me.

Try opening that link in private or incognito mode in your browser. I'm betting you'll get the same.

This has nothing to do with bmwst, but with the livefilestore.com site (for whatever reason - possibly disallowing embeds and hotlinks, possibly the file doesn't exist, or whatever.)

'05 R1200ST
'03 F650csa (departed because of the ST)
#1002165 - 12/10/17 02:17 PM Re: Linked photo display problem [Re: bakerzdosen]  
sardineone Offline
sardineone  Offline

Indiana, USA
Bakerzdosen, Thanks for your response as well. I'll ask just a bit more patience on this matter. My page 4 link was the modified link that yes doesn't work and you are right it doesn't work on a browser now either. If you go up to my previous response I attached a file showing the address I originally used as my photo link and how it was changed on this site. The original address still brings up the photo fine when posted to a browser. Here are the links when not using this sites' insert image tag tool.

https://ukhttq.bn1304.livefilestore...7sgbSBfKkCtib40zSw/BarryRespect%20Sm.jpg

As modified by this site the best I can figure.
https://ukhttq.bn1304.livefilestore...x6JAA8gV8jS4YQDhWw/BarryRespect%20Sm.jpg

George Martin
R1200ST(ESA equipped)