IGNORED

January 2018 SECFF Lunch Ride

terryofperry

Please join Ken (Kinsley), Bernie (Bernie) and me (terryofperry) for a post holiday(s) SECFF lunch on the 13th of January, 2018 in Davisboro, Georgia.

The Hitchin Post Cafe

212 South Main Street

Davisboro, Georgia

478-348-4411

32.978722°

-82.608344°

g5gi34Z.jpg

Bn2qE7f.jpg

oUj6S4w.jpg

TOTCQ0U.jpg

Terry

Edited by terryofperry

I hope our luck stays with us on the weather and I'll be sure to have a battery for my heated jacket remote :dopeslap: 29 degrees is colder than it used to be....

Based on the current (too far out to be reliable) weather forecast, I'm a definite "maybe," as mid-50's isn't bad for mid-January.

First I have to survive a colonoscopy (tomorrow), my least favorite medical test.

We are meeting at 11:30 AM, as usually?

Cross posting on FaceBook for the outlaws. LOL

PS: I will try to bring my heated seat and the Boombox on wheels with build-in generator.

PSS: Let me know what batteries you need for your controllers and I will have some for sell at the lunch.

Edited by Bernie
that happens to be a long weekend for me, weather permitting I just might make this one.

That's on 14 hours for me, the chances of me showing up are better than winning the lottery, but maybe by just a little.

Maybe I could sleep on a relative's couch.

My first day of work is the Monday prior (8th) so I'll be in the area, I'll have my bike with me, so the only question will be what kind of tasking I have for my first week. After speaking with my new boss, I'm quite certain I won't end up terribly busy my first weekend.

So, I believe I can say ... IN!

I suppose you'll be needing a route :clap:

Uh ... yeah! :thumbsup:

I'll get it to you soon. The Atlanta crew sometimes meets up at Joel's, so he doesn't get lost :stir:

I suppose you'll be needing a route :clap:

Uh ... yeah! :thumbsup:

I'll get it to you soon. The Atlanta crew sometimes meets up at Joel's, so he doesn't get lost :stir:

Thanks. Yes, I'd heard that about Joel.

:rofl:

Craig it's great to hear that you be able to join us for lunch.

Don't forget your electric jacket and controller, regardless of what the promotional folks claim, it does get cold down here in the south after riding for a few hours.

I never get lost as long as the GPS has a line I can follow, however I've been known to panic when returning on one of Craig's routes when my 665 crapped out on me. I actually tried to buy a map until the 665 rebooted. A moment of pure panic crying for my mama melt down!

I never get lost as long as the GPS has a line I can follow, however I've been known to panic when returning on one of Craig's routes when my 665 crapped out on me. I actually tried to buy a map until the 665 rebooted. A moment of pure panic crying for my mama melt down!

Even goes left and right, odd goes up and down ;)

Danny, I emailed my paved routes, but there are several places you could take the off-road optional short cut or detour and meet up with me where the paved road crosses the dirt roads.

Route file ready!

Coming through South Carolina today on the way home from Ashville, NC there was plenty of snow and ice on the side of the road, that should be all gone by Saturday morning.

Well, Im out as well. Have some training to complete, some house hunting to do, a whole bunch of getting settled, etc. Perhaps a later wknd.

Well the first arctic wave has passed and we are up to a balm 60 degrees. BUT, the next one comes in Friday with a chance of 1-2" of snow on the backside. So I am sorry to say I can't make this one. Hopefully I weather cooperates for Cedar Key.

Alan

The Atlanta Crew is OUT unless we can get the spiked tires on in time. I used to love playing hockey on ice BUT not so much on 2 wheels. And yes I'm speaking on behalf of Chris & Ken. :(

The Atlanta Crew is OUT unless we can get the spiked tires on in time. I used to love playing hockey on ice BUT not so much on 2 wheels. And yes I'm speaking on behalf of Chris & Ken. :(

We will miss y'all, look forward to seeing you in February.

Terry

It was little nippy leaving the house this morning with the infamous BMW Snowflake showing 31°F and a nasty wind blowing but well worth the ride seeing everyone and having a great lunch. Mike & DyAnne braved the cold from Phenix City, Alabama, Bernie had 58°F starting out but quickly texted 32.7°F from Baxley as he pressed on, Rightspin and SavannahCapt weathered the frigid front from the coast and Keith had the coldest start from his home in Dacula, GA. Rumor has it an investigation has been launched into Kinsley's remote control battery issue, Lithium batteries have been known to deteriorate quickly as the temperature drops. :dontknow:

Rightspin grabbed the first cup of coffee he saw quickly wrapping his hands around the warmth:

I9Eocgu.jpg

Contrary to any reports otherwise I had a light lunch offering, small salad:

BB9wEcD.jpg

Full disclosure, I did add a Club Sandwich and a Fry or two:

Ghjzapg.jpg

We appreciate our waitress taking a group shot:

9YHej5l.jpg

I think there may be a picture or two floating around capturing the bikes, seems I had not quite finished my meal when that was going on. :)

It was good to see everyone, looking forward to the next one.

Terry

Home at 5:45 PM and 547 miles. Started out at 58F, dropped to 32F by the time I got to Baxley, GA. But the sun was shining and it warmed to a balmy 46F.

For some reason most of the bridges in the backwoods of GA had large amounts of sand? Was this left over from the snow and ice they got a week ago? I guess it would provide traction on icy roads. It made for some interesting lines, especially with curved bridges.