IGNORED

July 14-15 2018 Adventure ride

CoarsegoldKid

CoarsegoldKid

For all you California GS riders this event is right up your alley. The Stewards of the Sierra National Forest will be presenting their 9th annual Membership Fundraiser Dual Sport event. Mark your calendars for July 14-15 2018 to enjoy some of the best riding on the Western Slope of the Sierra. There will be hard way, easy way splits for the Dual Sport riders and for the third year Adventure Bike routes that I have selected for the bigger machines. All routes are followed via GPS tracks and roll charts for the Dual Sport routes, what route you follow is entirely up to you. Bring a friend for a great riding experience. Fuel will be available at the pre-selected lunch stop each day. We stage out of the Elks Lodge in Oakhurst, Ca on Hwy 41. Yosemite National Park is a scant 13 miles away.

You can visit, like, and follow the Stewards of the Sierra National on Facebook.

The Stewards website is SOTSNF.org. Email is info@sotsnf.org

Registration for the event will begin as soon as the info is posted. You can also register the weekend of the event. In the meantime mark your calendars so you don't miss it.

joe

CoarsegoldKid

You'll really enjoy it Sebastian. This will be only the third year for the Adventure Bikes during this event. The Dual Sporters have been at it for I think nine years. Last year we had one KTM 1290 Super Adventure, one R1200GS, two KTM 990 Enduros, three KTM 690 Enduros that rode with me. They really had a great time. I hope to see more of the big bikes this year. Except for Jason Smith, unfortunately no one from this forum of riders made it . One doesn't have to ride a big bike though. All are welcome. In the Dual Sport side of the event there were a group of old guys riding 90 and 125cc Honda Trail Bikes. They do bring them cause it's too funny and they do it the hard way.

• 3 months later...

Hey Joe - will you be camping? I'm debating whether to camp at the lodge or get a motel room. And are you doing the big bike ride or the dual sport?

• 3 weeks later...
CoarsegoldKid

Sebastian, I'll probably be sweeping the big bike riders. That was my intention last year. As I swept I began to pick up bikes along the way. You can join me. I'll be riding my KTM690. The route I'll make is mostly dirt but pavement is involved. I won't be camping because my home is just 30 minutes from the staging area. Last year Jason Smith camped at the Elks Lodge. He rode his big KTM 990 Enduro. He and Simone camped the year prior also but rode their smaller dual sports. I hope you can make it. It's a great place to ride off-road, whether on a dual sport or Adventure Bike.

Edited by CoarsegoldKid