IGNORED

spark plug grease

Roadking1

The coils on my 2014 RT were really hard to pull out so I used some white lithium grease to see if that helped. It helped some, but it dries out. Is there something better?

The coils on my 2014 RT were really hard to pull out so I used some white lithium grease to see if that helped. It helped some, but it dries out. Is there something better?

Afternoon Roadking

You should never use a regular grease on spark plug or coil boots.

You need to use a silicone based dielectric grease or even better yet a dedicated spark plug boot grease (available at your local auto parts store, just ask for spark plug boot grease)

Thanks DR. So you can put spark plug boot grease on the inside of the coil where the connection to the spark plug is as well? I only put it on the outside of the coil.

Thanks DR. So you can put spark plug boot grease on the inside of the coil where the connection to the spark plug is as well? I only put it on the outside of the coil.

Evening Roadking1

Yes, the inside of the coil boot to spark plug porcelain is usually where they stick. The boot grease also prevents moisture entering the boot.