IGNORED

Installing LED?

Zapata

Hello Team and pardon my ignorance.

Will installing LED's bulbs for the tail/break lights and marker lights will disrupt the CAN Bus system?

Thank you.

Hello Team and pardon my ignorance.

Will installing LED's bulbs for the tail/break lights and marker lights will disrupt the CAN Bus system?

Thank you.

Afternoon Zapata

NO, it can't & won't have any effect on the CanBus but it could very easily effect the bulb-out monitoring in your ZFE (chassis computer) or not properly work with the pulse width modulated tail/brake light system.

Hello Team:

I installed the LED's bulbs for the Tail/Brake light and the difference is day & night. The LED's are super bright but as you guys mentioned now I have the warning light on + the rear bulb defective indicator on. I guess the change is worth it and the indicator "ON" is not big deal.

I also replaced the parking light bulbs for blue LED's. Planning to put some blue LED's under the fairing in the near future. Will have to look into installing a fuse block.

Be careful if your going to install Blue and or Red lights on your bike. These colors are for law enforcement and emergency vehicles only. I'm almost certain it's illegal in all 50 states unless you live outside the USA.

You might get pulled.

• 3 months later...

Tennessee recently passed a new motor vehicle law making it illegal, as in totally verboten, to install forward facing auxiliary/decorative lights of any color other than white or amber. There are a lot of cars that think that green headlights or purple headlight halos are cool looking.

Zap, when you say 'parking lights' what are you referring to? Those two bulbs above the low beam?

• 3 months later...