IGNORED

So.... this followed me home. :)

Lone_RT_rider

Wowza! You are going to have to watch your right wrist or performance awards will be yours!

Let us know how it goes when winter releases it's grip on your part of the country.

Congrats

I believe Bill may have copyrights on the sig-line "I didn't just ride in on a Buell" :grin: Oh man that's a grin machine, I can tell! :thumbsup:

Pat

Lone_RT_rider
Wowza! You are going to have to watch your right wrist or performance awards will be yours!

Let us know how it goes when winter releases it's grip on your part of the country.

Congrats

Thanks Bud. I struggled for months with the decision about which bike would be the first "work" bike. In the end it was a combination of not spending $25-30K on a bike and taking baby steps into the brand.

So.....this is my first baby step.

:bike:

I believe Bill may have copyrights on the sig-line "I didn't just ride in on a Buell" :grin: Oh man that's a grin machine, I can tell! :thumbsup:

Pat

That is a very fun bike Shawn, always wanted a Ulysses but it just never happened. Pat, I did have one of these for awhile, when I made up that stupid sig line : )

XB12S-TT (more of a street oriented Ulysses), it was a real torque-monster.

2008-Buell-LightningSuperTTXB12STTc.jpg

Looks very clean Shawn. Congrats. I rode with a friend for years who had a Buell and he loved it -- said he sat in the bike and not on it. But he did have to carry a more extensive tool kit and, unfortunately, had to use it a fair amount.

Randy

Sweet looking ride! I was always intrigued about the innovative designs Eric Buell was putting out and this one really caught my eye.

Was giving the Ulysses a serious look when introduced. The bike had me all in and only the motor company's aenemic support for the Buell brand kept me from pulling the trigger. After stopping at a couple of local HD dealers and finding that no one could discuss any aspect of the Ulysses features and capbilities, or any Buell for that matter, I got cold feet. Sales folks would look like a deer frozen in the headlights when asked what I came in to see. I will say Suburban did finally have folks that knew the product but by then that couldn't make up for the disinterest by the motor company.

I'll keep an eye out for you this spring as there are so few Ulysses out there.

Looks great! If I were you, I'd have a Salamander hooked up to a cage and fire it up and pull it through the neighborhood till you get a decent route of melted roads and . . . . . RIDE RIDE RIDE! :bike: :bike:

I love my '09.... handles great and man is it comfortable. I've gotten used to the engine... never knew they could smooth out at speed as well as they do. If you experience any engine related drivebility issues below 3k RPM change the intake seals before anything else. If its a 2008 you can use a AF-xied which made a significant improvement to my bike... not applicable to pre '08 ECUs.

Also... don't bring it home with a full tank. Engine heat will expand the fuel in the frame and push it out the vent. Stinks up the garage big time.

Edited by Craig G.

Hope it treats you well. My Buell really got me back to the reason I started riding in the first place....they have soul. I always felt they were designed as a complete system, instead of parts being pulled off the shelf and bolted together. Very much like my 1100RT. My GS, not so much. I mean, I love my GS.....its very capable and does everything I ask of it, but there was something special about that RT. Same is true for my S1 (only downside is that it is LOUD!, and I mean LOOOOOUUUUD!). When up to speed, you almost forget the bike is under you as you carve through the turns. It just does what it is supposed to do with without having to think about it. I haven't put enough miles on an XB to know if they nailed it there as well, but they certainly have a loyal following.

Lone_RT_rider
Looks very clean Shawn. Congrats. I rode with a friend for years who had a Buell and he loved it -- said he sat in the bike and not on it. But he did have to carry a more extensive tool kit and, unfortunately, had to use it a fair amount.

Randy

Randy, I already have a pretty extensive tool kit thanks to many years of riding a BMW. :) Your talking to a guy who changed his final drive out, then carried a spare hall effect sensor to go out west in 2007. ;)

Lone_RT_rider
I'll keep an eye out for you this spring as there are so few Ulysses out there.

Thanks Paul. I look forward to saying hello in person as time and weather allow. :)

Lone_RT_rider
Looks great! If I were you, I'd have a Salamander hooked up to a cage and fire it up and pull it through the neighborhood till you get a decent route of melted roads and . . . . . RIDE RIDE RIDE! :bike: :bike:

Naw....If I had a place to store it, I would have a snowmobile here too!

Lone_RT_rider
Nice.

So what color stitch you not going to wear?

The same color I have had since 2005. Heck, I just had the zippers replaced! :D

Lone_RT_rider
I love my '09.... handles great and man is it comfortable. I've gotten used to the engine... never knew they could smooth out at speed as well as they do. If you experience any engine related drivebility issues below 3k RPM change the intake seals before anything else. If its a 2008 you can use a AF-xied which made a significant improvement to my bike... not applicable to pre '08 ECUs.

Also... don't bring it home with a full tank. Engine heat will expand the fuel in the frame and push it out the vent. Stinks up the garage big time.

Thanks Craig! I appreciate the heads up on the fuel fill. Also, there is a "police" calibration kit that is sold for a bit less than 200 dollars. If I get to the point where I feel the bike needs a bit more power, I will probably go that route as it's a factory based calibration. :)

Lone_RT_rider
....they have soul.

That they do. :) I am looking forward to getting acquainted with this bike in the spring. Steve Knapp used to own one. He's already been a wealth of knowledge in helping me understand a few things. You know, like lifting the bike for service by it's muffler! :jaw:

only downside is that it is LOUD!, and I mean LOOOOOUUUUD!).

I'm keeping the stock exhaust on mine. It's plenty loud enough that way. On the test ride, I left me ear plugs out for obvious reasons. It was a wonderful sound from about 3-6K. :)

Naw....If I had a place to store it, I would have a snowmobile here too!

We're like minded there, Shawn. Well, and if we got more snow here in IN. I head up to Michigan and rent a sled and have a blast. Still not often enough to own my own. Lots of trials in WI and MI.

Edited by workin' them angels
Lone_RT_rider
You should also get a camera mount so you don't drop the camera again. :rofl:

Why would I need a camera anymore? My presence is not required at the events that used to warrant it.

It looks to be in spectacular condition. Please provide some background, i.e., mileage, service history, #of previous owners, etc. Don't see many of them around here but every once in a while I'll see one blasting through the twisties west of Colorado Springs. One thing's for sure, the exhaust note echoing off canyon walls is impressive!

Lone_RT_rider

It has just over 31K miles, I'm the 2nd owner and all the service was done locally at a HD dealer. It's in damned good condition. Of course, I will be doing all of the service on it from here on out. I know....keep receipts....blah blah blah. I have a hell of a time selling my bikes anyway. It's hard for me to part with them. I'm still amazed that the R1100S left my garage in 2007. :)

You should also get a camera mount so you don't drop the camera again. :rofl:

Why would I need a camera anymore? My presence is not required at the events that used to warrant it.

Well, I can think of an island in Florida that would enjoy seeing

your smiling face amidst the group watching the sun set.

Maybe one day again.

Bring a supervisor...