IGNORED

ESA weirdness

bobbybob

This morning when I cranked my 2017 RT, the suspension was set for 2-Helmets but immediately the bike lowered itself to what felt like 1 rider plus luggage--while keeping the 2-rider icon on the dash. I then went into the menu and clikd on 2-riders and felt the susp move higher once again. WTF is going on? Anyone else had this?

I've tested mine a few times and it always seems to track the correct setting.

Yesterday, while going through all the GS-911 service functions I noticed there were two D-ESA calibration functions. I tried calibrating the ESA sensors and that worked. Next I tried calibrating the ESA itself and that failed badly the first time. (That turned out to be noise from my battery charger interfering with the GS-911.) I got an error in the log and a warning about an overheated motor.

Today, I reran the calibration successfully, which ran the rear shock motor to both limits, calibrating the end points.

If you know someone with a 911, they could run a check for you and check for errors.

Thanks, I had not thought about using a GS911 to calibrate it, although it really shouldn't need it since its still in place, never been removed/reinstalled.