IGNORED

February SECFF Lunch

Please join Terry (terryofperry),Bernie (Bernie) and me for a winter SECFF lunch on the 17th of February, at 11:30 AM at:

Maebob's Diner

100 E Main St

Irwinton, GA 31042

GPS 32.811228, -83.173507

Google

I'll be there. :burnout:

Really? Are you flying down or riding the bike?

yea, yep, Yelpers, YES. Depends on da weather. Might have to trailer a bit before riding. Hoping to spend a couple days or more in the area on two wheels. Join us Bob!! :lurk::thumbsup: And bring that Canadian, we need to do a better job of monitoring his whereabouts. :rofl::stir:

yea, yep, Yelpers, YES. Depends on da weather. Might have to trailer a bit before riding. Hoping to spend a couple days or more in the area on two wheels. Join us Bob!! :lurk::thumbsup: And bring that Canadian, we need to do a better job of monitoring his whereabouts. :rofl::stir:

I'm watching you guys (in stealth mode).

By the way Dave, you do realize this event's in mid-February, right?

I'm watching you guys (in stealth mode).

Canadian Air? :stir: :stir: :lurk:

Hint: you don't need to download anything to watch, just click watch video at the bottom of the box

Edited by workin' them angels
:wave: Mark, How ya doing? My poor Minnie Me this morning.

Terry

Hi Terry. Shouldn't you be letting that poor animal s;eep in your bedroom?

Terry

The Coyotes would like that! But Mark - If you Canadians would just stop your Export Dumping the worst of the worst Cold Air from blasting our way, those cute cuddly furry things could be out where they belong and we could ll be out riding! :wave:

Terry

The Coyotes would like that! But Mark - If you Canadians would just stop your Export Dumping the worst of the worst Cold Air from blasting our way, those cute cuddly furry things could be out where they belong and we could ll be out riding! :wave:

Dave, my fellow Canucks send it down this way, so it will be warmer up north. You just have to suck it up, and be a man!

... You just have to suck it up, and be a man!

Yes I do. My initial plan was to make the March SECFF. When I shared that plan with the Virtual Principal (and Midwife) here, I was scolded for such a silly thought. After all, the March SECFF would be another 40 miles or so longer ride for me (as if by this point that matters!), so the challenge was thrown down for a Feb SECFF - apparently the the wise Principal felt that The Challenge of Rain, Snow, Sleet, Freezing Rain, Ice, Black Ice and nasty Thunderstorms (like the kind that prevented me from making it last year, forcing me to enjoy the great roads and weather around Tellico Springs) are nothing for a geezer like me - but the additional 40 miles the March SECFF would entail most defiantly and unquestionably be way too much to even contemplate - let alone do - for an aging, decrepit and partial Bionic Hoosier. :shake::stir:

And now you're telling me to 'Man Up'. I guess that means you're up for the Feb ride too? :stir::wave::lurk:

I guess that means you're up for the Feb ride too? :stir::wave::lurk:

Not a chance.

Love to! Sorry I missed the most recent one. Is this going to be a day trip for everyone or does anyone want to camp out Sat night!?!

Love to! Sorry I missed the most recent one. Is this going to be a day trip for everyone or does anyone want to camp out Sat night!?!

Good evening Christopher, let me try to answer this question.

This is normally just a lunch only meeting and almost everyone makes a day trip out of it.

But there are always exceptions to the rule, for example when Foot decides to slip-slide down the mountain. I think he makes a 2 or 3 day trip out of it and stays overnight with one of the ATL guys.

I think Lawnchairboy, who shows up sometimes does something similar.

Also keep in mind, some of the small towns that we meet don't even have a motel or campground to speak of.

Send a pm to some of the guys along your route and see if any like to meet up along the way or something like that.

MikeB60 and his wife ride over from Phenix City, AL some month and they would be a halfway mark for you.

I hope you can make it.

PS: if the weather is really bad, you can come in the car. Of course you have to prove you are injured, a paper cut will do. LOL

Not a chance.

Hey Mark - And this is January, and what a great day today for a ride! Check it out . . .

bfefec82-588b-4f8c-8742-156c5f6fb878.jpg

24bbb71a-8189-418a-9403-cc1b5f29b013.jpg

9aea4ac1-e4ce-4076-9bdf-43863989d574.jpg

Maybe you should reconsider .. .. .. :stir::shake:

Not a chance.

Hey Mark - And this is January, and what a great day today for a ride! Check it out . . .

Maybe you should reconsider .. .. .. :stir::shake:

That looks pretty reasonable, and that's around Indy, of all places. I'm even more impressed, given your recent hip surgery!

As for a lunch, anything's possible (but not necessarily probable. :-))

Edit: I just checked, and it's 685 miles one way! Hardly a day ride. :grin:

Edited by marcopolo

I'm planning on heading that way probably Thursday, for sure Friday - weather depending. If it's real wet and frigid, I'll trailer into TN. I'm pretty sure you'd have to bring your own Cork Screw and wine glass though . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Pat and come ooonnnn down! Lots of room in Georgia and lots of red clay roads to explore.

Edited by Bernie

Schedule is cleared but odd weather forecast. 30s-40s and rain forecast for Charlotte, but 60s for Colunbia SC and south, with much less chance of rain. So it looks like the front is somewhere in between. Will see how it looks Sat, but bike and rider are ready if it looks like I can break through and not have cold rain for the whole ride. Need to get the K bike warmed up for some post-retirement touring!

My work here is done. I think I successfully kept Mrs. WTA from a sound nights sleep, and the dog is excited thinking she's going to get fed early. Hanving set chaos in motion at the abode, it's time for a cup of coffee and I'll my boxer into the wind. Next stop, Helen, GA.

My work here is done. I think I successfully kept Mrs. WTA from a sound nights sleep, and the dog is excited thinking she's going to get fed early. Hanving set chaos in motion at the abode, it's time for a cup of coffee and I'll my boxer into the wind. Next stop, Helen, GA.

Safe travels my friend.

See you at lunch on Saturday.

Thanks Bernie, looking forward to seeing you and the impressive group of riders you, Kinsley and Terry attract - I wonder if Maebobs has any idea what they're in for Saturday!

Christopher, I'm glad Meabobs works into your schedule! Word on the street is that the recent (and impressive) arcaldes from work were contingent on buying is all lunch. :eat::stir: We all very much look forward to seeing you!!

Add one more to the reservation at Maebob's! See y'all there.

A last minute In. See you guys there..

It will be good to see y'all, always a pleasure.

Terry

Great I am glad Ron and Christopher can make it as word on street has it that two others had to withdraw.

One for reasons of having the flue and the other decided to break his bike so he didn't have to ride. Bummer.

Forecast for rain all day in north Atlanta. I rode 13 days in the rain in E. Europe last sept and don't need any more practice so I'm going to pass. You kids have fun.

Update from Facebook, No-socks will make a rare appearance. Yeah.

I thought he didn't ride after 8 AM?

I didn't say what time he will be at Maebobs.

Lone_RT_rider
Update from Facebook, No-socks will make a rare appearance. Yeah.

I thought he didn't ride after 8 AM?

I didn't say what time he will be at Maebobs.

:rofl::shake::beer: