IGNORED

Ticketmaster - what a scam

Indy Dave

I guess anyone who buys tickets from them knows this already! LiveNation had done a great job of offering a more reasonable ticket alternative . . . until they sold out to TM. Anti-trust review was a joke and concluded that there wasn't anything baring fed up entrepreneur's from do the same thing LiveNation did and challenging a now larger and more powerful TM.. But I digress. . .

After checking with Mrs WTA, I purchased 2 tickets to see K T Tunstall in June (now that Rush is no more, I guess I can admit I have a lighter side . . .). Now I know you might be thinking this is about the ridiculous $38.05 in fees(!) but like so many things nowadays, that atrocity is almost a given . . . but that's another pitiful story. . .

No sooner than I did the deal does Mrs WTA ask, "aren't we going to be in Michigan to meet up with your visiting Aunt and Uncle??" Uhh.. why yes you're right! (In my calendar - it's the motorcycling that gets marked and recorded early, the 'household' calendar is not my realm) Soo . . I start a 'chat' with TM customer service. . . 20 minutes later, it's my turn but the window won't recognize when I hit 'send' . . . so that was a one way conversation to frustration. Now the 800 number . . . 15 minutes and sorry . there are NO refunds. Period. But SIR! You can RE-SELL them through us! As if I would give them yet more money. Nyet!

Next: I used my Amex - the company that Karl Malden wouldn't leave home without - that touts buyer protection - surely they can help. NYET! We have a clause that excludes tickets. Of course they do.

Last Chance is to buy 'ticket insurance' for another $30.00 Nowhere does it actually list the provisions of the 'policy', so I'm a little hesitant to buy. And it says it's 'event insurance' - so again, with out details, I assume that they will only refund the show price and not the $38.05 service fees. If they did do that, then I would still get $125.00 back, so it seems like an attractive option . . . .call me silly - I'm just a little skeptical. :shake:

Thoughts?

Edited by workin' them angels

I bought the insurance. It claims I have 10 days to cancel and get a full refund. Just before clicking the 'buy' button, one has to agree to the terms - and it was only now that they became available. Most of the covered events they claim to cover are long shots - death, severe illness, house fire, etc. They may also be a plausible event on there somewhere.

Moody Blues, Ike & Tina, Yes, Chick Corea, Joan Baez, Jeffesrson Airplane, the Doors, Grand Funk Railroad, Chicago, Blood Sweat and Tears, Stills, Crosby, Martin & Neil, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwoood Mac, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Iron Butterfly, The Band, Janis Joplin, Dianah Ross, Sly and the Family Stone, CCR, and more I can't remember :eek: all were free or $5-10. It was a while ago...I've priced some recently, :P yikes. Nope. Full disclosure, a while ago, bought 4 for Backstreet Boys thru a ticket meister as a present for a daughter. :rofl::dopeslap::cry: they had a great time, but my wallet never recovered. Time to get better help, replace the calendar guy. :wave:

I bought the insurance. It claims I have 10 days to cancel and get a full refund. Just before clicking the 'buy' button, one has to agree to the terms - and it was only now that they became available. Most of the covered events they claim to cover are long shots - death, severe illness, house fire, etc. They may also be a plausible event on there somewhere.

Hope springs eternal?

I guess anyone who buys tickets from them knows this already! LiveNation had done a great job of offering a more reasonable ticket alternative . . . until they sold out to TM. Anti-trust review was a joke and concluded that there wasn't anything baring fed up entrepreneur's from do the same thing LiveNation did and challenging a now larger and more powerful TM.. But I digress. . .

After checking with Mrs WTA, I purchased 2 tickets to see K T Tunstall in June (now that Rush is no more, I guess I can admit I have a lighter side . . .). Now I know you might be thinking this is about the ridiculous $38.05 in fees(!) but like so many things nowadays, that atrocity is almost a given . . . but that's another pitiful story. . .

No sooner than I did the deal does Mrs WTA ask, "aren't we going to be in Michigan to meet up with your visiting Aunt and Uncle??" Uhh.. why yes you're right! (In my calendar - it's the motorcycling that gets marked and recorded early, the 'household' calendar is not my realm) Soo . . I start a 'chat' with TM customer service. . . 20 minutes later, it's my turn but the window won't recognize when I hit 'send' . . . so that was a one way conversation to frustration. Now the 800 number . . . 15 minutes and sorry . there are NO refunds. Period. But SIR! You can RE-SELL them through us! As if I would give them yet more money. Nyet!

Next: I used my Amex - the company that Karl Malden wouldn't leave home without - that touts buyer protection - surely they can help. NYET! We have a clause that excludes tickets. Of course they do.

Last Chance is to buy 'ticket insurance' for another $30.00 Nowhere does it actually list the provisions of the 'policy', so I'm a little hesitant to buy. And it says it's 'event insurance' - so again, with out details, I assume that they will only refund the show price and not the $38.05 service fees. If they did do that, then I would still get $125.00 back, so it seems like an attractive option . . . .call me silly - I'm just a little skeptical. :shake:

Thoughts?

Oh My! One would "assume" event insurance covered a non-performance by the artist or facility only but who knows. Go for it, that Sena 30K can wait. That service fee was the same as the House Steak Special in Blairsville at FART, entertainment was awesome.......and free. The wine uncorking was however extra.........don't touch that beer ma'am.

Terry

Dave, I think I have a solution. Just set your house on fire, and you should get some money back (assuming I understand what you said about insurance). Did you give any thought to trying to sell the tickets yourself? As Tim said, replace the calendar guy pronto! As for Terry's tale of the FART dinner, I was shocked -- shocked I tell you -- at that outrageous two dollar corkage fee on the wine we brought.

Oh My! One would "assume" event insurance covered a non-performance by the artist or facility only but who knows. Go for it, that Sena 30K can wait. That service fee was the same as the House Steak Special in Blairsville at FART, entertainment was awesome.......and free. The wine uncorking was however extra.........don't touch that beer ma'am.

Terry

That was a fun night, made so by a table of great people and an establishment wise enough to place us in our own room on the lower level. The only time I've seen anyone at that table break out of their mild-mannered and well-measured temperament was when:

A) Ken almost blew a gasket when the waitress referred to us as 'Harley Riders'

and

B) when that same waitress tried to take Terry's beer away.

Oh! And when Mark found out the $2.00 corking fee was in $US Dollars. :money:

I look forward to getting together again. :beer::thumbsup:

Sena 30 - smerty! :java: Might be better off with tin cans and a string then to go with a new release from Sena. I've reverted to my SMH10 and have the 20S for back up.

My $0.02 --- Sell the tix privately... either someone you know and can do the transaction in person; or on-line and have them pay via paypal or venmo and transfer funds into your account before you hand over the tix.