IGNORED

R1100RS mirror change out

Erable

Hello all,

has anyone tried to change out the handlebar mounted R1100RS mirrors for either fairing mounted, or generally just wider? I find mine tend to show my shoulders and wish the mirror itself was wider (i.e. rectangular instead of round). There's a gentleman named Terry Gibson who mounted some on his fairing (http://www.zen113982.zen.co.uk/mysite/mods.html) and I looked at doing that with some R1100S mirrors, but I'm hesitating as it means cutting the fairing and devising some sort of bracket inside the fairing - any thoughts out there? I did do a search here and didn't find anything - thanks

Rich

96 R1100RS

87 R80RT

Hello all,

has anyone tried to change out the handlebar mounted R1100RS mirrors for either fairing mounted, or generally just wider? I find mine tend to show my shoulders and wish the mirror itself was wider (i.e. rectangular instead of round). There's a gentleman named Terry Gibson who mounted some on his fairing (http://www.zen113982.zen.co.uk/mysite/mods.html) and I looked at doing that with some R1100S mirrors, but I'm hesitating as it means cutting the fairing and devising some sort of bracket inside the fairing - any thoughts out there? I did do a search here and didn't find anything - thanks

Rich

96 R1100RS

87 R80RT

Afternoon Rich

Something as simple as mirror extenders will probably do the job.

I'm not sure who still makes mirror extenders for the older RS oilheads but with a little research

possibly something from a newer BMW could be modified to work.

ZTechnik used to make some workable & decent looking mirror extenders.

Maybe something like this___

WA_Extender-ZT.jpg

Thanks - that will work ! Now that I know they exist, I actually found a number on Ebay that look like they might work. Thanks again.

If it helps, the switchgear from the more popular R1100GS may be the the extender you search for.

Also the factory handgurds the GS will fit the RS if you want more hand protection.

DIsclaimer, they may touch the fairing or something but are soft flexible and will just squoosh.