IGNORED

Tundra Green Availability in the USA?

RocketJohn

Oh yes. It was like a metallic olive green. http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/photos/schemephotos/R1100RT%20Tundra%20Green%20746%20Fairing%20high.jpg

I delivered a pair of RT's to Californias Central Coast back in 1999-2000 . It was quite a sight. A new Opal Blue and a new Tundra Green on an open two railed trailer.

Both of the colors together looked very classy and sort of Gelato/ Softened Sherberty smooth and creamy.

The Opal Blue by itself looked nice , a very pretty color. The Tundra Green was the only one I ever saw and it was ordered by one of the two friends who bought the bikes together.

The Tundra was one of the many colors that one either loved or hated.

The Glacier Green was one of my least favorite colors. It was so blah. Washed out, pale.

The Boston, I learned to like as I bought a '99 RT trade in in 2005 that was immaculate and had a perfect service history . I had sold the bike to a CHP officer and in 2005 he was retiring and wanted to move up to the R1200RT.

He still has the 2005 and will be his last bike. My '99 will be my last big bike. I'll have other bikes that I resell and my racebikes, but my RT is mine till the end of riding or ?

It's a really good one.

Edited by Tri750

Thanks for the detailed response Trl750.

To this day I have never seen a Tundra Green, but will be on the lookout now that I know they are here in the USA. Headed to Europe in the summer will be sure to look there too.

Here's an Opal Blue on sale locally at a dealer I've purchased a few bikes over the years:

https://www.ericomotorsports.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=3973355&p=1&make=bmw&s=Price&d=A&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

My 1998 Black was my Father Joe's. He stopped riding a few years ago now that he's in his mid 70s. He learned to ride in his mid-50s just to be able to ride with me. He gave me his RT since I had always maintained it for him and he knew how much I liked it. I sold my Yamaha as I didn't need two big Tourers. With the Wilbers suspension, stainless brake lines and Gemi chip, this RT really is an amazingly balanced motorcycle.

20522923030_58f3301915_b.jpg

I have seen a few tundra greens in the wild - very nice color. A member here bought a very high mile one a few years ago and parted it out. I really wanted the body panels to replace those on my glacier green RT, but i don't want to drive to Utah to get them. Ok - I wanted to, but I didn't have time.

I think it was fairly bold . It had a gold pearl to it . Also used on the R1200C.it looked good on that. He whole less is more theory .

Here in the US, green's were not a big seller.

Here is the Boston Green, also a fairly obscure color.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68038

We had to order the one we sold in that I ended up with.

The Whole thing with colors is, BMW shared many of the colors from the car line. Many colors look fine on a car but don't translate well to a motorcycle .

I have one, its rare and you don't see it often, I believe they only made a very limited number of them. Mine might be on the market soon, a rare opportunity for someone to own a collectable addition.

• 2 weeks later...
Always loved the Boston Green. Wish they would have continued that color on the 1150

+1 Boston Green was the fastest color by a long shot :thumbsup:

I still have my '99 BG R110RT and it runs great. Unfortunately it is sitting next to my '15 wethead and although I like the color and body style of the '99 better it only gets ridden about once a month because that new RT is a quick handling rocket and I can't see the color when going WFO.

I've sadly come to the realization my '99 needs to go to a new good home and get all the love it deserves!