IGNORED

Too Cute To Not Add To Fleet

KTM Doug

IMG_5807-M.jpg

First impression it needs a couple things like hand guards, shorter levers (adjustable), taller windscreen. Wider pegs would be nice. Aftermarket folks should have fun with this one. The motor is fairly smooth so far. It is a slow revver, unlike my 350 Husky or previous 350 KTM which really whack. I think it is faster than the CRF250L I just sold. I will put some miles on it tomorrow and see how it is with some loosening up. I have an idea for a product but someone will surely do it. I want a bag that mounts under the rack and above the stupid hangie down tail light that looks like an afterthought on a lot of new bikes. Nice, expensive tires on board, Tourance's.

IMG_5810-M.jpg

Backwards motor :) Interesting that folks claim these are made in India as the first ones all have German serial numbers.

If I remember correctly, the bike is made in India, but BMW engineers, some management and I think some production people are in the plant to make sure they stay to BMW specs. That may explain why they have German/BMW markings on things.

I may also be completely wrong as well.

Mike