IGNORED

Givi 56L top case led options

2manybikes

We recently added the Givi 56L top case (item #V56NA) to our 2012 R1200 GS. The Givi distributor in Charlotte NC sold the parts,and installed them for free. Really glad I went that route for a couple reasons. First, the rep Gary Adreon patiently and proficiently explained our options after numerous questions regarding our riding style and what we thought we were looking for. He was also the one who did the install. The rear rack had to be removed, and some of the bolts were way past difficult to remove. He never missed a beat, or got frustrated. I would have blown a gasket, no question about it. Then to top it off, the install kit from the factory was missing a key component. They had an extra one in their stash, but I would have had to wait for one to be mailed if I did it myself.

Now to my question. He suggested the "Add More" LED lighting kit to maximize visibility from the rear. After checking prices and reading reviews on it, I can't say I'm really excited. Just wondering if anyone out there has an opinion, or has come up with a reasonable alternative that will work with the electrical system on the bike.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

I have had an Admore light for several years and it has now been moved to it's third bike. It has been reliable and functional. The company is great to work with. You get what you paid for!

Edited by AZgman

I have Admore in a Givi(46 liter) case. I like it. My wife said it is very noticeable.

Be careful where you drill the hole for the pass through. I had a passenger knock off the connection. It still works, but the connector was damaged.

• 3 weeks later...

The Admore light is fragile. Don't drop it during the install like I did. I dropped it maybe 24 inches and ruined the unit.

Alan