IGNORED

Fishing

Rinkydink

Haven't been on the board for a while. Life has gotten in the way. Contemplating one more new RT. I'm of course looking at ‘17 vs ‘18 models. What are the big differences if any?

2018, you can get all Sporty :revit:

2018-R1200RT-Red19.JPG

or Classy, your choice! I understand the life thing getting in the way fully, but just remember there's no go-arounds! :read:

2018-Spezial.jpg

Pat

The free Nav 6 is for GS or GSA only I believe. Check the BMW site to make sure.

Edit: Oops I was wrong. That's a good deal.

Edited by Pappy35
Haven't been on the board for a while. Life has gotten in the way. Contemplating one more new RT. I'm of course looking at ‘17 vs ‘18 models. What are the big differences if any?

Cosmetic only, except the red one has a shorty windshield instead of standard.

2017 offers 1.9% APR and no payment 90 days. Nav 6 offer looks like GS only.

Thanks everyone. I was looking at a ‘17 to get the incentives. BMW Credit knows me well. Too well. Cover me, I'm going in!!!!

Well one thing did not change. The color you pick is the fastest. The new red on black RT grabs me. But I am waiting for that red color with the new TFT dash to loose my calm. That might get me to jump from my 2015. But waiting is lost time and that might make now the time to get that ride you want. The wethead bike is a big step forward, so color and dashboard might not be the deciding factor to a buy decision.

Thanks everyone. I was looking at a ‘17 to get the incentives. BMW Credit knows me well. Too well. Cover me, I'm going in!!!!

Red, Red, Red! Screw the speeding tickets, go for Red!

The free Nav 6 is for GS or GSA only I believe. Check the BMW site to make sure.

Edit: Oops I was wrong. That's a good deal.

My dealer's site shows you were right. It's the same wording on the BMW site:

The best way to get where you are going is with the Navigator VI. So for a limited time, you'll receive a free BMW Navigator VI GPS (part number: 77-52-8-355-998) when you purchase an incredibly versatile new 2017 R 1200 GS or R 1200 GS Adventure.

*A $949 value, GPS mount and installation not included; no substitutions. Ask your salesperson for details. Offer valid until February 28, 2018.

The only special promo on the 2017 RT seems to be 1.9% financing.

Don't like that red at all. Shame they didn't use the red from the UK Iconic.

Also, the shorty screen looks fab...until you get into serious riding and then still have to change it for a real screen that works!

Either way, the '17 model is the one to go for, because there are no real changes unless you have an urge to get that 'emergency SOS' button on the RH switch cluster.

If you're a member of BMWCCA you get a $400 rebate on any R bike. I got it on my '13 RT and my '16 RT. Great magazine, by the way, if you like/drive BMW cars.

No. You can get 1.9% AND the Nav.

BMW USA Linky Thingy

1.9% APR ON ALL 2017 MODELS, WITH NO PAYMENTS FOR 3 MONTHS

Now through February 28th, 2018.

For a limited time, finance as low as 1.9% APR on all 2017 BMW motorcycles, at participating BMW Motorrad dealers. No payments needed for first 3 months.

Program may be combined with the following offers:

- Navigation VI offer

- Customer Credit offer

- Ride Smart Reward

- MSF RiderCoach Purchase Program

- Emergency Services Program

- Military Purchase Program

- BMW Car Club of America Members Purchase Program

BMW USA Linky Thingy

For a limited time, finance as low as 1.9% APR on all 2017 BMW motorcycles, at participating BMW Motorrad dealers. No payments needed for first 3 months.

- Navigation VI offer

- Customer Credit offer

- Ride Smart Reward

Only on a GS.

Ok, I am the proud owner (Tuesday) of a 2017 Alpine White RT. I will be selling 2009 RT farkles soon so stay tuned.

BMW USA Linky Thingy

- Navigation VI offer

- Customer Credit offer

- Ride Smart Reward

Only on a GS.

Where does it say that? On that link is says "ON ALL 2017 MODELS". It does not say only GS models. Picture is of an RR. Look again.

The link says 1.9% financing is available for all 2017 models.

It may be combined with other offers, but the Nav VI offer is only available for 2017 R1200GS or R1200GSA.

So you can get both 1.9% financing AND a free Nav VI, but your new 2017 bike will have a GS logo on it.

The link says 1.9% financing is available for all 2017 models.

It may be combined with other offers, but the Nav VI offer is only available for 2017 R1200GS or R1200GSA.

So you can get both 1.9% financing AND a free Nav VI, but your new 2017 bike will have a GS logo on it.

Roger that. Under Promotions, there's only one Accessory offer and it is for a Nav 6 for the GS/A, which may be combined with the financing offer (and other offers).

Ok, I am the proud owner (Tuesday) of a 2017 Alpine White RT. I will be selling 2009 RT farkles soon so stay tuned.

Woo hoo!

:thumbsup:

I went from an 09 to a 2016. I saved $3000 off list because I bought last year's model. I cannot imagine a better bike. Every time I get on I'm impressed all over again. I guess if $$ is no object, then trade up. Otherwise enjoy that 2015.