IGNORED

Can I borrow your bike?

Dan Marucci

So, I'm taking a "Riding on wet roads" course this weekend, and I'd much rather drop YOUR bike than mine :grin:.

In all seriousness though, I think I have all the parts that I need to put a 2-up seat on my 2009 R1200RT-P, but I'm not sure exactly how the latch is going to work out.

I'm wondering if there is someone within 100 or 150 miles of downtown LA that has a civilian 2005-2009 Hexhead that I can look at and take pictures and measurements from. I may have to fab a cross- piece to hold the latch for the rear seat.

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Dan___

So, I'm taking a "Riding on wet roads" course this weekend, and I'd much rather drop YOUR bike than mine :grin:.

In all seriousness though, I think I have all the parts that I need to put a 2-up seat on my 2009 R1200RT-P, but I'm not sure exactly how the latch is going to work out.

I'm wondering if there is someone within 100 or 150 miles of downtown LA that has a civilian 2005-2009 Hexhead that I can look at and take pictures and measurements from. I may have to fab a cross- piece to hold the latch for the rear seat.

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Dan___

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1003454#Post1003454

3 or 4 threads down

Yes, I've seen this post, but I was hoping to get an idea what the actual factory mount looked like.

I figured as much...

If nobody else beats me to it, I'll take & post a photo when I get home this afternoon. You want a ruler or measuring tape in the pic to help work out dimensions?

If you could lay a tape measure or ruler in the picture and take it straight from above, that would be really awesome. Thanks for your help!!!

just a suggestion...there is bound to be a dealer near by with an 09 in inventory. Go by, talk to them nice, and I am reasonably sure they would let you take a look at one.

If you could lay a tape measure or ruler in the picture and take it straight from above, that would be really awesome. Thanks for your help!!!

Apologies, I completely forgot after getting home yesterday...

I kept the photo as large as possible for easier viewing. If you need any other views or dimensions, just let me know!

23llgk4.jpg

That is excellent. Thank you so much!! That darn latch looks so simple. It can't be that expensive (right??!!), but I can't even find it in the parts diagrams.

Valdi has a police bike torn apart. I don't think he has a regular one. I spent about 45 minutes with him yesterday. Great guy. He set me up with a used horn (mine was gone), new plugs, air filter, grips, etc. He's got a factory low front seat that I need to grab next week.