IGNORED

Warm & Safe Heat Layer Shirt Review

moshe_levy

All-

Winter gear testing continues: Here's my new review of Warm & Safe's Heat Layer Shirt. Can this snug-fitting garment replace the traditional heated jacket liner? Tune in to find out!

-MKL

Very interesting,

- Did you wear a long sleeve shirt directly under this or was it in direct contact with your skin when you tested it?

I do not have heated gear yet. In cold weather i wear a long sleeve lightweight t-shirt, a heavier sweatshirt, the zip-in liner, and my Olympia Ranger jacket. This seems like a good replacement for the sweatshirt layer.

Nice and informative. What jacket were you wearing and did it have a liner? I think one advantage of the warm n safe jacket is ability to block wind creep vs the shirt. As speeds rise on the bike, this become increasingly significant.

All,

For winter, I generally wear my BMW Streetguard 3. This year it was half that and half a Helite Leather Airbag jacket I'm testing for RIDER magazine. Both are fairly warm jackets, and frankly on my RT I'm not getting much wind blast anyway.

FYI the instructions on the Heat Layer Shirt indicate to wash by hand in cold water and line dry - no machines, in other words. To extend time between washes, I took to wearing a standard undershirt under the HLS, and it took a long time to get funky that way. I washed it a few times as part of my test regimen - no problems. (This also means the HLS was in direct contact with my arms from the biceps down.)

-MKL

Thanks for the helpful information Moshe!

I'll add this to my purchase list for next fall, in the meantime i have other farkles i have to add first.

Shirt must be popular. I ordered one and they are sold out. They said 2-3 weeks, usually means more. With my luck cold will be gone when I get it.