IGNORED

Mrs. Robinson

TEWKS

Lone_RT_rider
Very nice.

.... Randy, we already have a 3 car garage. It'll hold no more. Her car always gets a spot. If I get even one more I have to sell the Vette, and that ain't gonna happen. I will probably have to get rid of something as it is.

The way I see it my wife has all the closet space for her shoes, I get the garage for the bikes. Her car is on the drive right next to mine!

You didn't marry a life-long Southerner who hates really cold places and drag her to Wisconsin for your "Job of a Lifetime". Some concessions had to be made. :)

Sweeeet ride! Big motor Hawgs are awesome. Where did you get it, Suburban?

Nope! I love the guys at Suburban and gave them 2 tries to find me an FLHTP with no luck or even a follow up phone call. So, after a Cycletrader.com search I found this one at Reel HD in Mauston near the Dells. It was a smoking deal and I love the Sherrif's color scheme. :) It's always nice to deal directly with the owner too. David Reel is a great guy. No nonsense, no HD marketing BS, just listened to me and we went forward with the deal based on what he could and couldn't do. He knew I wasn't an average buyer, whatever that is. :) LOL

A very good looking bike, but I can't figure out what model it is. Would someone please identify the model, and whether the seat is standard for that model or is a factory option. Thanks.

Lone_RT_rider
A very good looking bike, but I can't figure out what model it is. Would someone please identify the model, and whether the seat is standard for that model or is a factory option. Thanks.

It's an 2018 Harley Davidson FLHTP Electra glide Police bike. The seat is standard on this bike and the other Police bike that is based on the Road King FL touring model.

The only way you can get this seat on a Civilian model is to order all the pieces through the dealer and put together. If you run this excersize through Fleabay with used parts, you quickly top $500 trying to make that happen.

Lone_RT_rider
Show me an interesting bike. Get me curious. Damn reality bites. Weight, In Running Order 845 lb.

I'm pretty sure I can still work with that weight class..... ;)

IMG_20831-X2.jpg

Dennis Andress

I like your bike a lot Shawn. Enough to want to test ride one. 845 lbs just smashed my day dream of an American made K12 RS, that's all.

Lone_RT_rider
I like your bike a lot Shawn. Enough to want to test ride one. 845 lbs just smashed my day dream of an American made K12 RS, that's all.

I know Dennis, all good. :) It's a different animal than anything BMW, but it still handles a bit different than most HD touring models. It will keep me happy as a work bike for a few years. Of course, I will still have my BMW's in the garage as well. :)

I'm just glad to be able to share this with y'all. ðŸ˜

God knows I can't share anything else. Lol... It's a great work bike. 😎

Lone_RT_rider
Very cool. Too bad it ain't better riding weather, riding that bad boy back from Mauston would have some killer roads to meander down.

Paul, if your a GPS person and can create GPX files, I would love to see what roads you might have in mind. :)

Lone_RT_rider
I am sorry, I missed this post.

Congrats Shawn on your new wheels. Many happy and safe miles.

Thanks Bernie... :) Right now I am in the Honeymoon stage of getting a new bike. I will let you know my real thoughts on this sometime mid summer. This is my first brand spankin new (from the dealer) bike in almost 10 years. lol

I am sorry, I missed this post.

Congrats Shawn on your new wheels. Many happy and safe miles.

Thanks Bernie... :) Right now I am in the Honeymoon stage of getting a new bike. I will let you know my real thoughts on this sometime mid summer. This is my first brand spankin new (from the dealer) bike in almost 10 years. lol

Well, I hope it is as much fun as my new bike has been for me. Ride it down to START and we help you break it in.

Very cool. Too bad it ain't better riding weather, riding that bad boy back from Mauston would have some killer roads to meander down.

Paul, if your a GPS person and can create GPX files, I would love to see what roads you might have in mind. :)

Hi Shawn,

I'm out of town this week and none of that gear is at hand. That said, I'll spend some time in the hotel room on google maps and send you a PM.

In general if you don't mind a little southerly excursion draw a triangle between Mauston, Richland Center and the Wisconsin Dells. HWY 58 south out of Mauston heads you into this region. This puts you into the northern part of the Baraboo hills and you almost can't go wrong. Lots of nice alphabet soup labeled county hiways all through this (and further west and south of course). The real gems are the many paved roads named after generational farm families that can be down right challenging to ride. These are essentially paved over dirt roads w/o a lot of engineering that follow the contour of the land and include diminishing radius and off camber turns. Doing it on the Hawg will wet your appetite to come back on the RT, or on another planed trip where you trailer that Ulysses to a base camp and go bonkers!

Lone_RT_rider
Hi Shawn,

I'm out of town this week and none of that gear is at hand. That said, I'll spend some time in the hotel room on google maps and send you a PM.

PM Sent

Joe Frickin' Friday
Thinking thinking thinking, :S the only way to make this happen is to cull the two wheeled herd. I'm not sure I am emotionally stable enough for that. :rofl:

Pat

Well Pat, You and Strurgis have finally been a bad influence on me. I signed the papers on this today. :)

IMG_21251-X3.jpg

Dayum. You still gonna wear your banana suit, or did you go shopping for new gear at the Harley store?

Lone_RT_rider
Thinking thinking thinking, :S the only way to make this happen is to cull the two wheeled herd. I'm not sure I am emotionally stable enough for that. :rofl:

Pat

Well Pat, You and Strurgis have finally been a bad influence on me. I signed the papers on this today. :)

Dayum. You still gonna wear your banana suit, or did you go shopping for new gear at the Harley store?

Ha! Actually, Suzanna bought me a Klim jacket in grey and black because she hated the look of "The suit". My Stitch has never made an appearance at work, but I think with this new bike it just might be time. :)