IGNORED

BMW Insurance

parsclaude

Has anyone had any problems with the insurance companies that BMW uses?

I have insurance through BMW that insures my tires and wheels.

I hit a hole in the highway and bent my wheel on RT 1200 2016. My front wheel now shakes and vibrates and mirrors are blurred..

The insurance refuse to pay because the tire does not leak air.

Has anyone had this problem? Any solutions?

Claude Parsons

Denton, TX

To my knowledge all service contracts and extended warranties are sold by and chosen by the individual dealer, not BMW affilitated at all.

Roadside assistance is set up thru BMW, But unless things have changed in the last 3yr which they certainly could have, each dealer chooses to sell service contracts or extended warranties or not.

They are insurance policies that the sales person gets a commission for selling and in most cases, the price is negotiable .

By a bunch,

What does the policy say about "wheels" and damage?? What does the shop say about the damage and the insurance company??

Or, maybe you, as the ad says, "picked the wrong insurance COMPANY".

The few tire policies I've had (or seen) seen only covered the tire, usually as part of a roadside assistance package. Wheels are covered under the collision provisions of my motorcycle insurance. A damaged wheel that still holds air can possibly be repaired. With a $250 deductible, I'd probably pay for repairs out of pocket rather than risk a future rate increase. If the ~$1200 wheel (+labor to change over bearings, discs, etc) could not be repaired, I'd let insurance handle it.

To my knowledge all service contracts and extended warranties are sold by and chosen by the individual dealer, not BMW affilitated at all.

Roadside assistance is set up thru BMW, But unless things have changed in the last 3yr which they certainly could have, each dealer chooses to sell service contracts or extended warranties or not.

They are insurance policies that the sales person gets a commission for selling and in most cases, the price is negotiable .

By a bunch,

BMW / MOA has a tire insurance option available when you renew your membership. I received a replacement but beware they can be very stingy with their labor allowances for the install.