IGNORED

MotoGP - Tech3 and Yamaha split

chrisolson

For the last 20 years, Tech3 has campaigned Yamaha motorcycles. 2018 will be the last MotoGP season for that partnership.

Hervé Poncharal has said for 2019 he's received an offer from another manufacturer that he can't refuse.

The big question is ... who offered the new deal?

KTM ?

Suzuki ?

Aprilia ?

Yes, probably the smart money is on KTM.

I'd think that as long as Rossi is still an active factory rider for Yamaha he won't enter 'his' team as a satellite . Too much to manage at one time.

But, I could be wrong.

Besides, Dorna has said that when and if Rossi wants Sky VR46 to be part of MotoGP they will grant him a license/grid slot for him regardless of any existing team entry limitations.

According to the current agreement the MotoGP grid is set thru the 2020 season. The Sky VR46 team would have to wait until 2021 or buy out an existing satellite team.

I don't they will make the jump to MotoGP as long as Rossi is still racing.

According to the current agreement the MotoGP grid is set thru the 2020 season. The Sky VR46 team would have to wait until 2021 or buy out an existing satellite team.

I don't they will make the jump to MotoGP as long as Rossi is still racing.

I'll bet they make an exception for Rossi. He brings so many fans to the sport that Dorna probably has insomnia when it thinks about Rossi retiring from racing. Anything Dorna can do to keep Rossi participating, they will do.