IGNORED

2000R1100 RT Brake bleeding

Babby

Had stuck pistons in calipers. Took off pistons not stuck just clogged brake lines. Will replace front lines. How do I bleed just the front brakes. Pulling right side plastics it seems all lines run off rear master cyl. resavoir. Can I just bleed front at front brake lever resevoir. I mispelled it but what the hell Thanks

Babby,

I had the same problem two years ago on my '99 r1100S. I had brake line crud inside the calipers acting like check valves, would not let the pistons retract. They weren't "stuck" at all. But, I had to split the calipers to clean them. EZ job, zero problems since.

Spiegler and Galfer make the brake line kits. I got Spiegler because I got them cheap on Amazon at the time. Looks like they quit Amazon. They are MUCH BETTER than the OEM BMW brake lines and MUCH LESS $. And they do not react with the DOT4 fluid.

Do you have ABS??

Had stuck pistons in calipers. Took off pistons not stuck just clogged brake lines. Will replace front lines. How do I bleed just the front brakes. Pulling right side plastics it seems all lines run off rear master cyl. resavoir. Can I just bleed front at front brake lever resevoir. I mispelled it but what the hell Thanks

Afternoon Babby

With clogged brake lines you REALLY need to get those replaced as that crud will just return & if it flows back into the ABS unit it could be very costly.

For the front just bleed as standard system keeping the handlebar reservoir full while bleeding (that will flush & get most of the air out of the front calipers). Then if you want to access the ABS unit & bleed at the bleeder fitting on that, THEN go back & re-bleed from handlebar master cylinder to the calipers again.