IGNORED

New R12RT for 2019 Spied?

Colorado Jeff

Good find! :thumbsup: I'm kind of looking forward to a freshen up of the GSA, for 19. What I'd actually do if that happens... :dontknow::grin:

Pat

All (theoretically);impressive. But, I'd be happy if they just made it easier to change the low beam bulb. :revit:

All (theoretically);impressive. But, I'd be happy if they just made it easier to change the low beam bulb. :revit:

If the headlight change is the result of a switch to an LED headlamp (finally), you won't need to worry about changing bulbs at all.

Cool--looks like there is no need to upgrade my lovely '16 yet again :grin:

Have you heard about the 2020 BMW T1000GT? This is what I'm waiting for--BMW's new 978cc triple, belt drive, 109HP, ABS Pro, ASC, Dynamic ESA, TPM, cruise control, LED w/ adaptive headlight, Dynamic Brake Light, 5.1g US fuel tank, heated seats/grips, electric windscreen, large TFT display w/ GPS and blue tooth connectivity, wet weight fully fueled 522lbs w/ MSRP $15,450 inc side cases, height-adjustable seat. No audio package, no central locking, no keyless ignition.

Edited by NoelCP

Looks as expected with TFT infotainment dash, but intake and exhaust location are different. Is a fully water cooled boxer motor coming?

Is a fully water cooled boxer motor coming?

Can't think why there would be. This new engine meets all the relevant noise standards and that's the only reason they'd want to add weight.

Edited by AndyS

Have you heard about the 2020 BMW T1000GT? This is what I'm waiting for--BMW's new 978cc triple, belt drive, 109HP, ABS Pro, ASC, Dynamic ESA, TPM, cruise control, LED w/ adaptive headlight, Dynamic Brake Light, 5.1g US fuel tank, heated seats/grips, electric windscreen, large TFT display w/ GPS and blue tooth connectivity, wet weight fully fueled 522lbs w/ MSRP $15,450 inc side cases, height-adjustable seat. No audio package, no central locking, no keyless ignition.

I have now, :grin: putting a deposit down as soon as I finish posting this post!! ;)

Edited by TJRL

Will be interesting to see what comes of this. The past several boxer updates started with the GS and the following year the updated RT came to light.

We shall see.

Bill_Walker

Are you guys seeing a new TFT dash in that photo? It looks the same as my dash, unless you're counting the GPS as a "dash".

It's confusing because there is a picture of the current dash for comparison.

The possibly new version:

030718-2019-BMW-R1200RT-Facelift-006-display-crop-618x388.jpg

I'm a little skeptical, it appears to be taped up and the screen looks pretty dark.

Could be just for testing.

Edited by lkraus

Is this for real, or are you pulling our collective leg?

Yes Noel is joking. He has aired this 'wish list' of his for some considerable time now..I huess hoping that BMW will pick up on it and build him one.

Bill_Walker
It's confusing because there is a picture of the current dash for comparison.

Oh, yeah. I see it now on second look. I'd agree that the "new" dash shown does not look production-ready.

• 6 months later...

Now for an update; (in case you hadn't seen it yet)

BMW rolls out 2019 R 1250 GS and RT with variable valve lift

https://newatlas.com/bmw-motorrad-2019-r1250-gs-rt/56374/

The fifth generation of BMW's four-valve boxer engine will make its debut in the new R 1250 GS and RT. The latest evolution of its liquid-cooled boxer features increased capacity, more power and introduces a new ShiftCam variable valve lift and timing system for the first time in a BMW motorcycle.

See the article for more.