IGNORED

Yamaha Niken

John Ranalletta

I could be wrong but don't believe it has a stop / stand lockout so you'd still need to deploy Da-feets. :grin: Missing out on a huge audience right there. Awesome try though! :thumbsup:

Pat

fourteenfour

typical with Yamaha, new front tech and doesn't make a tour version to exploit but instead another chain drive limited use bike

John Bentall

Do you think that the Yamaha Niken will be successful in encouraging young people (male and female) who have never considered riding a motorcycle to enter our wonderful community - or do you think it will only appeal to current motorcyclists/motor-tricyclists?

I would be interested in your USA-only perspective and also a global one.

Regards,

John

Well, you gotta give 'em credit for trying something new and I would trust Yamaha before I would BMW to get it right the first time.

Edited by JamesW
Joe Frickin' Friday
Not sure I'd buy one, but this could keep a lot of older or physically impaired riders on the road.

I'm with Tewks. Maybe I'm missing something, but how will this help physically impaired riders? It appears to lean freely, but I haven't seen mention anywhere of any kind of lockout to keep it upright when it's stopped.

If that advantage isn't there, then what does this...vehicle do that conventional motorcycles don't? Yamaha's website claims you get extra grip from the front, since it's on two tires instead of one. OK, it might stop a little better, but we can already lean our RTs until there's no chicken strips left, so this thing can't lean any farther than that.

Lone_RT_rider
OK, it might stop a little better, but we can already lean our RTs until there's no chicken strips left, so this thing can't lean any farther than that.

I have no idea what your talking about......

Mitch%20at%20Deals-XL.jpg

For sure a miss on the vertical lock like the Piagio MP3, but I am still intrigued. When I travel the country roads in the northern part of my home state where sand is called top soil, any road with great corners is also loaded with enough gravel arnd sand to keep you pussyfooting around the turns. I would think the Niken would deal with that a whole lot better than a two wheeler.

I can't wait for the can I run 3 different tire posts should these machines sell well :ohboy:

lawnchairboy

I rode a Piaggio (sp?) scooter in 2006 or 7 that had the same front end, smaller wheels of course. It felt very strange to me. They locked upright at <5mph as I recall, so you never needed to put your foot down. It was an odd ride, didn't care for it.