IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

It would be nice to have. I know Laney would love it... But, I'm not sure of the usefulness of a bike that sits in the living room.

Speaking from experience, a beautiful motorcycle becomes a work of art and something that stirs the soul when it sits in one's home.

Having it someplace out of the ordinary (like in your living room) make your relatives think you are a bit crazy.

Having had one that hung upside down from the ceiling I can say there is nothing like it.

I know a guy in Las Vegas who has an absolute 100-pt. CZ motocrosser in his living room, and a garage full of Huskies, most of which could sub for the CZ. Talked to JDJ lately, Tommy?

We speak regularly (old friends are the best friends).

He just finished a 1971 Husky 250 Cross that kills (that boy got wicked skills).

Trying to get him out to our new place this summer (maybe for Vintage Motorcycle days in OH, I need a 72 Jackpiner).

Honda CL360

$8900 for a 1973 scrambler with a salvage title......

And it says it's been SOLD!

Ho Lee Schitt. What was it that P. T. Barnum always said???? Oh yea.....there's a sucker born every minute....

Edited by beemerboy
Not CL but 1800 bikes to choose from!

Wood & Co Florida

I wonder how many of those 1800 are in the "Big Lots"?

I'm always amazed at how often people store machinery outside in the weather and still expect it to maintain value. I see the same thing with wood and metal working machinery.

" I've had a LOT of calls and texts. ..." Kind of speaks for itself , . . .

I wonder what he wants for the washer?

" I've had a LOT of calls and texts. ..." Kind of speaks for itself , . . .

I wonder what he wants for the washer?

Shouldn't cost much to run. Lift the lid, let the rain fill it.!

:thumbsup:

Here's a guy who has taken out not only the ABS but also the fuel injection and promotes these changes as improvements. *LINK*

00u0u_g8AZ5Qo48sm_1200x900.jpg

Maybe they are improvements, perhaps he is avoiding the surging these were know for, and ABS module failures??

Here's a guy who has taken out not only the ABS but also the fuel injection and promotes these changes as improvements. *LINK*

00u0u_g8AZ5Qo48sm_1200x900.jpg

Maybe they are improvements, perhaps he is avoiding the surging these were know for, and ABS module failures??

He may have removed the ABS and FI but he added in some "cool" !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
High mileage but still the first to cross my price point. Need to buy two though....

01717_k6l8WRoOGX2_1200x900.jpg

$9999 plus *fees*. Not sure about this dealer, but I find it annoying when there are things like a "dealer prep" fee. Just put the real price in the ad! It might help improve how people feel about car/bike/truck dealers.

BTW, I haven't followed prices on these, but it sure seems like a pretty good deal.

Edited by eddd
This looks nice. Dunno if it's a good deal or not. 2015 GSA

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/mcy/d/2015-bmw-r1200gsa/6516468427.html

"16,xxx miles all I5 ! NEVER been off road ."

That's akin to someone selling a 10 year old harley and bragging about the low miles.....like 3K. Sheesh, someone buy this bike and use it for what it was intended for.

Dennis Andress
High mileage but still the first to cross my price point. Need to buy two though....

$9999 plus *fees*. Not sure about this dealer, but I find it annoying when there are things like a "dealer prep" fee. Just put the real price in the ad! It might help improve how people feel about car/bike/truck dealers.

BTW, I haven't followed prices on these, but it sure seems like a pretty good deal.

I've seen only one other below $10,000, but it has a salvage title. Most 2016s are around $12-$15K.

Laney and I rode a demo a couple of years ago. I fell for it in the worse way, Laney didn't like it at all. Fast forward to last September when Laney rode the new to me ST and wanted her own. Now she is looking at RS ads more than I do...

We've spent a lot of time and money sorting through our R1200 Sts this winter. At our current annual mileage they would last several years. I'm waiting for the used price to come down, and our riding time to increase, until I find a happy spot. That and I want to ride the snot out of my ST for a couple of years!

Edited by Dennis Andress
Lone_RT_rider
Do you really think that more than 5% of GS's ever go off road?

Valid point Marty. If they do take them off road, they usually end up buying a smaller displacement Dual Sport for that duty in the long run.

roadscholar

Well I was waiting for Keith, Chris, Chris, Pat, Dave (or Steve, Kenny, Mark, Todd, Larry, Greg, and Steve) but I guess they're busy : )

Edited by roadscholar
Someone who is mechanically handy could save some money. I'm guessing the main seal and clutch plates won't be the only thing that'll need to be addressed, though.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/mcy/d/1999-bmw-r1100s/6527623569.html

I have a '99 R1100S that "wetted" the clutch. I'll just about guarantee that the RMS is Ok, it's the slave cyl that failed. Same difference, tho. I replaced my slave cyl, clutch disc, input shaft rear seal, etc. It will need brake lines, HES rewire, left side cam chain tensioner, plus inside the tank hoses and sock, AF-Xied, shocks, maybe some tires and someone will have a very good bike!! RMS is OK, guaranteed.

Well I was waiting for Keith, Chris, Chris, Pat, Dave (or Steve, Kenny, Mark, Todd, Larry, Greg, and Steve) but I guess they're busy : )

I believe anything above 10,000 feet doesn't count. Unless, you're high...

that is! :grin:

Pat

Sorry, I was out polishing the chrome on my GS.

roadscholar
I was at the starbucks.... on my KTM.

This year we held the Trans-Fla rider's meeting outside a local Starbucks just to poke the stereotype, I think one guy went in. :grin:

Do you really think that more than 5% of GS's ever go off road?

Only 5%, dang it seemed like more. :grin::wave:

196.jpg

Looks like a typical afternoon in the Colorado Rockies with thunder storms brewing. Makes me want to leave today and go back (well except for all of the snow in the high country)

Looks like a typical afternoon in the Colorado Rockies with thunder storms brewing.

Bill found the business end of those thunder clouds an hour or so after that pic was snapped! :eek::grin:

Pat

I assume you guys know I really admire your off road riding skills. I started riding at 59 and was in my mid 60's when I began reading your tales. Hate to admit it but I decided this old dog shouldn't try any new tricks.

Marty...

49 states/32 countries/3 continents

WWMHD...ride till you can't

Admiration right back at ya, Marty! :thumbsup:

Pat

roadscholar
Marty...

Pat

:clap:

Marty...

Pat

:clap:

Blush! You two keep posting those ride tales from out west!

Looks like a typical afternoon in the Colorado Rockies with thunder storms brewing.

Bill found the business end of those thunder clouds an hour or so after that pic was snapped! :eek::grin:

Pat

:grin:

Been there, done that, on more than one occasion. But that's part of the fun of riding in the CO mountains. I need another CO fix ASAP. :thumbsup: