IGNORED

Thinking about getting a 04-08 k1200

Kingofneon

Anyone got intellegence on this series? I currently ride an 04 R1150 ( which i love) but i eas raised on mid 80 Japanese super bikes. How are they on maintence? Any known gremlins? All the magazine reviews rave about them as a steal

Johnny Jetson

I had an 07 K1200GT for 4 yrs. it was the girl with the curl. When it was running, you couldn't believe what it could do -- the bike would invite you to do evil just to show you what it wanted to do. But when it ran out of warranty it just wouldn't stay fixed. They fixed a lot of the problems with the K1300GT (09-11, I think), but not all of them, and they are pricey.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Roger_Pivonka

I have an 08 K12GT built in Dec 07. Yes there have been problems, all except two were fixed by warranty.

I paid for a repair on the ABS motor by non BMW ~ $350 (vs 1600 BMW).

I also paid for new final drive while on a ride out west, about 6 months and 6000 miles after warranty ran out.

I didn't want it repaired (~1500) so I had it replaced at $3000. Still love the bike.

Perhaps an expensive mistress who will please you every time you mount up.

65,000 miles and counting

Which K1200 ?

An LT?

Or a K 1200 flying brick ('04/'05) RS/GT

Or a K 1200 wedge ('05/'06/'07/'08) R/S/RS/GT

from your list of years

Or, as asked, an LT ('05-'09)

Different bikes, different pro/con.

:lurk:

• 2 months later...

I'd go for an '09 or later. My buddy just bought a K1300S. Wow, what a bike. It had 7K on the odo and he bought it for a steal.