IGNORED

Lodging advice, Kalispell, Mt.

Can anyone make a motel suggestion for Kalispell? Neat, local, walking distance to something eat, but not mandatory, and not that I'm cheap or anything, but reasonable.

The Motel 6 was fine,stayed there last summer after the MOA Rally,in preparation for Glacier NP early the next morning.

Casa Mexico next door was very good.Several other restaurants nearby.

Make sure you dress well for Glacier,the elevation rise leads to cold morning temps,even mid summer.

JR356

Guy:

Depending where you are headed the next day, I would always suggest Whitefish or Columbia Falls over Kalispell. Both are quiet, walkable and have a handful of very good restaurants. Whitefish is in a prettier location. In Whitefish Pine Lodge and BW Rocky Mountain Lodge are good. I think motel prices are about the same.

I have also stayed at the Glacier Inn Hotel in Columbia Falls and it is a nice little place. I know others who have stayed at the Glacier General Store and Cabins and liked it.

Mike Cassidy

• 1 month later...
Rob Nowell

I was born & raised in Lilbby, MT, 90 miles from Kalispell. I spent a lot of my 20s in and around the Flathead. You can check out the good ol' Blue & White, on Highway 2, or virtually any of the places on Highway 93 South. The closer you get to GNP, the more you're gonna pay. Whitefish is known as "Malibu North," but not for it's liberal atmosphere. I also have friends in Kalispell and Columbia Falls, if you're interested. You can PM me for that. If you have time, visit Libby. I can recommend several roads in the area.