IGNORED

99 R1100RT ABS light

PAS

A friend changed his brake lines and flushed the system and now has a flashing ABS light. Does have to drive the bike to get the light to go out? (like my 03 1150RT)

A friend changed his brake lines and flushed the system and now has a flashing ABS light. Does have to drive the bike to get the light to go out? (like my 03 1150RT)

Afternoon PAS

Is it just one light or both lights & what is the flashing sequence? (he does have to ride the bike to get it to self test).

Maybe this will help---

At key-on, the two ABS lights will flash together and should continue to do so until the ABS self-test is complete (doesn't happen until you ride the bike away), at which time they should go out. If the self-test fails, they will begin to flash alternately. The exact moment when they start to flash alternately will tell us something.

If, it happens before you start the engine it is usually a system that is tested at first power-up.

If, it faults when you start the engine it is usually a low battery voltage problem.

If, it faults when you ride away it could be the ABS controller or possibly a wheel speed sensor.

D.R. I dont know what he is seeing. He sent me a message yesterday and I just found it. I will check back and see whats happening.

Thanks again!