IGNORED

System 5 Bluetooth

Karlington1

Karlington1

Does anyone have information (a user guide even) on what type of charger is used for charging the battery pack for a BWM System 5 Bluetooth communications system? I am acquiring a helmet for a really good price but I can't see from the pics available to me how it is charged. I think it has a female end for what I would assume is a 5 V charging system.

This helmet has the controls built right into the helmet. They are virtually smooth/flush with the surface of the helmet and on the left side right about ear height.

Any ideas?

6872.jpg.235c710aa7c51b7f7d5537c545e495d0.jpg

Found this description: https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.za/en/accessories-and-parts/accessories/navigation-and-communication/communication-system.html that

says it came with:

1 charging cable with mini USB facilitates charging using the supplied charger or on the computer.

1 charger (100-240 V, 50-60 Hz, 6 W) with intelligent charging electronics of the M-ASK-H (automatically switches to trickle charging after the charging procedure is complete. It is impossible to overcharge the battery.)

There is a PDF version of the manual at that link.

Sounds like any USB cable with a mini connector should work. Six watts suggests a charge rate of 1.2 amps. A computer usually only provides 0.5 amp for charging so it would be slow.

Edited by lkraus