IGNORED

SW-MOTECH City quick-lock-evo

AndyS

Does anyone have experience with this bag? does it intrude into belly space. Do handlebar controls interfere with the bag at all?

Any advice?

John Bentall

I have one and there is no interference with the handlebar controls (or with the belly space). It is the largest bag recommended by SW-Motech for the RT. After spending 90 minutes at Bykebitz trying out various bags, I was worried that a larger bag would interfere with the steering lock - and the helpful shop assistant agreed.

You do not need to buy the locking kit - any suitable bolt will prevent the release catch from being operated, thereby locking the bag onto the tank ring. A small lock for the holes in the end of the zips completes the picture - you do not need to carry the bag around when off the bike.

Hope this helps .....

I have the City bag on my RT and love it. At full lock handlebar turn, it can actuate the horn button, but I love the size and am willing to put up with the slight annoyance.

I have the City bag on my RT and love it. At full lock handlebar turn, it can actuate the horn button, but I love the size and am willing to put up with the slight annoyance.

I must have mine back a little more because I haven't had this problem with my bike.

Bill_Walker

I've got it and have been mostly happy with it. I had to mount it as far back as possible (further back than the instructions specify) to keep it clear of the tank at the back and the controls at full lock, but that's been fine so far. I went with the powered version of the mount, and I had some problems with getting the magnetic reed switch in the base to trigger properly. In fact, Twisted Throttle had to send me a set of aluminum mounting shims to replace the original steel one. That, and time, seem to have made the switch reliable.

That being said, I still have some issues with getting the bag to latch onto the base. I can never be sure it's securely attached at all four jaws without opening the tank bag, sticking my hand in, and pressing down on the mount there. It does seem to be breaking in, in that more often than not, when I do the check all four jaws are seated. But it's still not 100%, so I always do the check.

I have had one on my Tuono for 5 years, and now just moved it to my current commuter bike. for me it has worked perfectly since day 1. I enjoy having two different size tank bags for different occasions. 95% of the time I have the small day bag on the bike.

I have an evo Engage tank bag I use for my S1000XR. I was hoping it could do double duty on the RTW. Turns out the width at the front of the bag comes into contact with the bar switches while in full lock both ways. I tried positioning this bag further to the rear and the problem still occurs.

The RT bars are stock and I intent to keep it that way. I notice previous discussions have pointed out the City Bag works in full lock but the pictures I have seen also show the Illium bar risers installed.

I frequently use full lock when riding in parking lot situations. Is there a SW motech evo bag that will clear the switches in this situation? I don't need a lot of capacity, just wallet and misc items used while riding like eye drops,windshield cleaning stuff etc.

I have an evo Engage tank bag I use for my S1000XR. I was hoping it could do double duty on the RTW. Turns out the width at the front of the bag comes into contact with the bar switches while in full lock both ways. I tried positioning this bag further to the rear and the problem still occurs.

The RT bars are stock and I intent to keep it that way. I notice previous discussions have pointed out the City Bag works in full lock but the pictures I have seen also show the Illium bar risers installed.

I frequently use full lock when riding in parking lot situations. Is there a SW motech evo bag that will clear the switches in this situation? I don't need a lot of capacity, just wallet and misc items used while riding like eye drops,windshield cleaning stuff etc.

The SW Motech Evo City bag works fine on my RT with stock bars and no risers.

Thanks for that information. Confirming your setup with the City Bag does not touch the handlebar buttons on full turn lock?

I like the city bag and want to get it if this fit is correct.

I have the city bag on my 2014 RT with this tankring SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection QUICK-LOCK Type 126 EVO Tankbag Bottom Tankring I like the bag a lot. No interference. Not waterproof but comes with a cover. Easy on and off when getting gas. It's been on the bike since new. I asked twisted throttle if I could buy the city bad and the smaller day bag and send back the one I didn't want without penalty. They said yes and I kept the city bag.

Thanks Skywagon and all the others.

My Citybag and keyless tank ring are ordered and now just need to wait patiently for the delivery to arrive from Germany.