Your timing is terrible...

Hey, I realize the commission sucks, but someday I'm gonna sell one! :grin:

Pat

Dennis Andress
Your timing is terrible...

Hey, I realize the commission sucks, but someday I'm gonna sell one! :grin:

Pat

I almost asked if you could deliver.

I mess around with vintage bikes quite a bit and have fair idea of their value and that old Beezer is way overpriced. Parts missing and no longer in stock condition ain't good.

GT

Based on the description, $5000 doesn't see much high to me. If I were looking at it I would ask for the date code for the rear tire; if it's the original (which it could well be at only 5551 miles) a 20-year old rear tire will be a rock hard disaster waiting to happen, no matter how it's been garaged. Another safety issue is the need for new brakelines (~$200), so that might be something else to bring up if anyone contacts the seller.

But, as you say, it's not Boston Green — that would add another $1000 to the value. :rofl:

I meant to say Triumph.😂

Well, I thought it was interesting anyway. A lot more dough than I'm inclined to spend, but still a better deal than this Bonneville:

69 Pontiac

Hey it's not Boston Green and probably a few dollars high, but...5551 miles.

https://worcester.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1999-bmw-r1100-rt-low-miles/6540238306.html

00Z0Z_fkeBlz0xHPo_600x450.jpg

Pat

That color is Tundra Green. That could be my last bike except that I sold it in Colorado ten years ago and it had somewhere around 80,000 miles on it then. Also the price was about the same 10 years ago. Maybe the low mileage offsets the fact that it is 10 years older now.

Based on the description, $5000 doesn't see much high to me. If I were looking at it I would ask for the date code for the rear tire; if it's the original (which it could well be at only 5551 miles) a 20-year old rear tire will be a rock hard disaster waiting to happen, no matter how it's been garaged. Another safety issue is the need for new brakelines (~$200), so that might be something else to bring up if anyone contacts the seller.

But, as you say, it's not Boston Green — that would add another $1000 to the value. :rofl:

:rofl:

This is helping me with pricing ideas for my 1999 Boston Green. We're leaving for a tour of southern Italy in about 4 weeks, and will be riding a F700GS. I did a test ride on one several years ago, and fell in love with it; the ride was even better than the RT, it had ample power for my needs, and the lower weight was welcome. If my wife's butt is compatible with the pillion seat, I'll probably put the RT up for sale. It's been a great bike, but as I approach my 72nd birthday, I need to move to something that is easier to handle.

The good ones don't hang around too long. Still kicking myself in the arse for not jumping a little quicker on the 2004 Black & Yellow ;) GSA a few pages back.

Pat

Lone_RT_rider

That's a great bike, just not a great bike for me. I had one for a couple of years. It killed my knees after 200 miles. It was a hell of a lot of fun for short rides though. :)

IMG_7235-X4.jpg

szurszewski
01111_cWdtBFDuHg3_600x450.jpg

LINK

Shore is purdy....

Ah damn! I really want one of those and it's literally just down the road...but my budget at a stretch is more toward an early kind of beat up S with a lot of miles, rather than a pretty later one like that. Sure looks fast....

From IBMWR classifieds.

1997 R1100 GS

1997 R1100 with 83,613 miles. This bike is a rider, and has a few scrapes and nicks. Acessories are Laminar Lip Screen, Hepco Becker Engine Protection Bar, PIAA Driving Lights, Ohlin Shocks, Happy Trail Panniers,and a Sargeant Seat. All services by knowledgeable owner, always garaged when not in use. Bike is ready to tour.

Price: 4,300

Telephone: 5415198530

I owned an 81 750 Seca for several years. On my annual two week road trip, it developed an electric short. Every other day I had to replace a dead battery. I limped into 3 separate dealers in 3 states trying to get it fixed. Each mechanic was a teen or early 20 something that had no idea how to diagnose a problem. They relied on a YAM computer program that asked questions and was supposed to winnow down the problem and suggest a solution. The mechanics had no clue. If the computer gave them an answer, then by golly that was what was wrong. No diagnostic testing. I said good bye to pimply faced YAM mechanics and hello to factory trained BMW mechanics. Been a member of the BMW tribe ever since. I must say that in all other respects I thought the XJ 750 Seca was a good bike for its time. My spousal unit had the same XJ750 motor in a Maxim model. She kept it a long time, until it got to the point you could no longer get parts.