IGNORED

Navigator connection 2005 R1200ST

Sound Guy

Hi,

I have read that there is a CanBus connector under the headstock of the 2005 R1200ST, to connect to the Navigator GPS system, but I cannot find it for the life of me. Have I been misled? Any R1200ST owners out there with a GPS connected that can help me out?

Hi,

I have read that there is a CanBus connector under the headstock of the 2005 R1200ST, to connect to the Navigator GPS system, but I cannot find it for the life of me. Have I been misled? Any R1200ST owners out there with a GPS connected that can help me out?

Morning Sound Guy

There is no CanBus connector as the CanBus is a data communication line so not useful for powering anything.

You should have a 3 pin connector taped to a tube or brace in the headstock area, that connector should proved ZFE (computer) controlled 12v B+, Speed Signal, low (Ground). The B+ on this connector comes on with the ignition switch but has a delay in shutting down.

Dennis Andress

You have to take the tank off to find the connector. It's on the left side, under the computer, taped to a large wire bundle It is capped, making it hard to spot.

The yellow wires and connector are available from a dealer. Amazon has them too.

nav-connector-XL.jpg

Thanks for the information, and especially for the photo Dennis. I have the yellow wires and now I see that I should not have put the tank back on so quickly!