IGNORED

LED Turn Signals Brake/Running lights?

Pappy35

Searched but didn't anything clear.

Anyone have any luck installing LEDs lights in place of the regular incandescent bulbs? I've always thought that the instantaneous on/off way LEDs work are more visually 'grabbing' and therefore enhance safety/visibility. I'm looking into Admore and other brake light enhancements but I'm not seeing any reviews from actual users about any of the so-called 'no resistor' solutions out there. I don't want to have to add resistors if I can avoid them. If someone has done this successfully, could you provide a link to where you sourced them?

PS - I am planning to get an EZCAN to run auxiliary lighting and horns etc. but replacing all the incandescent bulbs would be a quick and easy start.

Searched but didn't anything clear.

Anyone have any luck installing LEDs lights in place of the regular incandescent bulbs? I've always thought that the instantaneous on/off way LEDs work are more visually 'grabbing' and therefore enhance safety/visibility. I'm looking into Admore and other brake light enhancements but I'm not seeing any reviews from actual users about any of the so-called 'no resistor' solutions out there. I don't want to have to add resistors if I can avoid them. If someone has done this successfully, could you provide a link to where you sourced them?

PS - I am planning to get an EZCAN to run auxiliary lighting and horns etc. but replacing all the incandescent bulbs would be a quick and easy start.

Evening Pappy35

I'm not familiar with those LED's but keep in mind that you will need to end up with enough current draw one way or the other to keep the bulb-out warning happy. So that will require either add-in resistors, or built-in resistors, or using LED's with enough current draw.

The other thing to look into is visibility in the sun. Some LED will be super bright in the shade, or in the dark, but almost totally wash out in the direct sunlight.

I installed LED lights front and rear turn signals. No errors thrown. Not sure if it monitors those lights. Also installed LED lights for the city lights. I tried a few different LED bulbs for the tail and brake lights. Some said they won't cause an error code but all the ones that made that claim failed to do so. I tried an external resistor but being that these bulbs are always on the resistors get very hot and you need to mount them in a way so nothing gets burned up or melted. I decided to keep the OEM bulbs in place. Some day someone will have an effective plug n play tail and brake LED bulb that's Canbus compatible. It would be nice if someone can change the current draw parameters in the can bus so we can effectively run LED bulbs. Oh well.

You need to search a bit more....

I installed LED turn signals from http://dynamicmotorrad.com/ on a '09 RT and a '10 R12R. They are a bit pricey, however there have been no issues.

I currently use supplementary brake/rear LED lights from Skene: https://www.skenelights.com/online-store/P3-Lights-p80215463 I've also used Hyperlights in the past: http://www.hyperlites.com/installation.html

I prefer the Skene lights as they are easily reprogrammable (number of flashes, duration of flash, etc.).