IGNORED

Look what followed me home from Birmingham

Bud

152323752831.jpg

Something I can get my leg over, even with a bad hip!

2016 C 650 GT Highline with 4K miles. Elect windshield, heated grips, heated seats, led lighting, ABS, ASC, TPMS, onboard computer, Aeroflow tall screen, self cancelling turn signals. 2 more years BMW factory warranty, comfey adjustable back rest, Givi aluminum topcase rack, LED daytime light that automatically changes to low beam when it gets dark, under seat storage that will hold a full face helmet and other gear, CVT drive, dual front and single rear disc brakes, full BMW DVD service manual, slip stream wind deflectors, and the ever popular Grip Puppies .

60 HP, 109 top speed.

Too bad it was snowing when we got home. Oh well, spring will come sometime..............................................

Edited by Bud

Nice Scoot, Bud! No really, nice Scoot! :grin::thumbsup: A true motorcyclist can always find a way to turn and burn with the breeze in their face. :clap:

Pat

Thanks Pat, :wave:

Won't be taking it over Ophir, for sure. :rofl:

Have you had riding weather yet?

Strange weather, it's been colder in March & April then it was in February. :dopeslap: Supposedly it's going to flip the Spring switch this week. Just in time to ride for some delicious looking Q on Saturday! :thumbsup:

PS...Bill could talk you over Ophir on it... :spittake:

Pat

Lone_RT_rider
Strange weather, it's been colder in March & April then it was in February. :dopeslap: Supposedly it's going to flip the Spring switch this week. Just in time to ride for some delicious looking Q on Saturday! :thumbsup:

Be thankful your weather is lasting that long. Mother Nature is going to tease us with the 60's this week. Then, by the weekend we are supposed to be in the 30's again.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/53022:4:US

fourteenfour

I would almost jump on the EV version if it had been available in Atlanta, instead I bought a new 2016 F800GT recently to get back into touring with

152323752831.jpg

Something I can get my leg over, even with a bad hip!...

Too bad it was snowing when we got home. Oh well, spring will come sometime..............................................

Ride on!! :thumbsup:

152323752831.jpg

2016 C 650 GT Highline with 4K miles. Elect windshield, heated grips, heated seats, led lighting, ABS, ASC, TPMS, onboard computer, Aeroflow tall screen, self cancelling turn signals. 2 more years BMW factory warranty, comfey adjustable back rest, Givi aluminum topcase rack, LED daytime light that automatically changes to low beam when it gets dark, under seat storage that will hold a full face helmet and other gear, CVT drive, dual front and single rear disc brakes, full BMW DVD service manual, slip stream wind deflectors, and the ever popular Grip Puppies .

60 HP, 109 top speed.

Afternoon Bud

Nice looking ride.

A little advice, don't get to horsing it around then pull the L/H handlebar lever in hard to make a shift (that kind of quickly un-stabilizes the thing as the L/H lever has a completely different function on a scooter).

szurszewski

I used to do that almost every time I rode Laura's Vespa. Fortunately it was at the stop sign at the end of our block and not midway through a turn. That little Vespa would stop awfully well when you tried to pull the rear brake lever all the way to the grip....

152323752831.jpg

60 HP, 109 top speed.

Afternoon Bud

Nice looking ride.

A little advice, don't get to horsing it around then pull the L/H handlebar lever in hard to make a shift (that kind of quickly un-stabilizes the thing as the L/H lever has a completely different function on a scooter).

:grin:

Last night as I was backing it off the trailer, I pulled in the "clutch" because it wasn't going fast enough. Duhhh. They it wouldn't move at all.

Hopefully the "old dog" can learn one new trick!

Did it come a with the little rubber mat to protect the center stand from scratches?

;)

...or maybe an oil absorption mat? :lurk:

Hey now, it's not an AMF era Harley. :grin:

When I bought the 03 R 1150 R, it came with two Givi top cases. Tried the smaller one and it wouldn't lock into place. Finally figured out the two rear rubber bumpers were keeping it from going down far enough to lock. Removed them and viola:

152331933958.jpg

The dirt is from Alabama. Nancy's sister lives on a Red Dirt Road in Western Alabama. Too cold to go to the car wash. I think it is just the right size for the scoot. The other one is much bigger and would overwhelm the looks of the rear.

A guy I know at work has one of those. He rides the piss out of it...every day, rain or shine, he's out splitting lanes on northern California highways. Congrats.

Thanks. We will see if we bond or not. :wave:

She'd better behave. :read:

I don't think there's a more experienced guy at kicking an unwanted bike to the curb, on this site. :thumbsup: My problem is, I don't want to part with the bike most of the time, after the purchase.

Pat

Tim is loyal, I'm fickle. :wave:

I was thinking on the way back from Birmingham that I've owned a 1200 GS, 1150 GS, 1100 GS, 800 GS, 700 GS and have a 650 GS in the garage right now which my son rides.

I've also owned: a K 1100 LT (first Beemer), a R 1100 R (with wire wheels and white hand painted pinstripe on the tank), a R 1150 R (current RT Lite) as well as several R 1100 RT's, including one of the hard to find Dark Green ones.

Is there a 12 step program for me? :rofl:

If you factor all the boats in there, you're going to need some more steps. :grin:

Lone_RT_rider

If you factor all the boats in there, you're going to need some more steps. :grin:

Boats?.... Wholy crap! I think I have a problem!.......

Step 1

6291606_20170719074522944_1_LARGE-L.jpg

Tim is loyal, I'm fickle. :wave:

I was thinking on the way back from Birmingham that I've owned a 1200 GS, 1150 GS, 1100 GS, 800 GS, 700 GS and have a 650 GS in the garage right now which my son rides.

I've also owned: a K 1100 LT (first Beemer), a R 1100 R (with wire wheels and white hand painted pinstripe on the tank), a R 1150 R (current RT Lite) as well as several R 1100 RT's, including one of the hard to find Dark Green ones.

No support group Bud, Dr Phil can't help but we can. You just keep trying all these bikes and report to us.

We enjoy your reviews. :thumbsup:

I married a sailor. We have drug sailboats from British Columbia to the Keys and many places in between. Once we were done sailing, we tried a small power boat, C-Dory 22. Nancy decided she wasn't a power boater so that boat went to Alaska. Have been boatless since last spring.

Step 1

That's a big first step!!!!!

Step 1

That's a big first step!!!!!

+1. Photo link says Silverton. Nice. I've been eyeing something like that. Do I even want to the know the fuel burn rate on that thing at WOT?

I married a sailor. We have drug sailboats from British Columbia to the Keys and many places in between. Once we were done sailing, we tried a small power boat, C-Dory 22. Nancy decided she wasn't a power boater so that boat went to Alaska. Have been boatless since last spring.

So you have friends in cartels? That could explain the plethora of bikes and boats you use up. I suppose you can only get one run per vehicle before the DEA starts looking for you...

:stir:

+1. Photo link says Silverton. Nice. I've been eyeing something like that. Do I even want to the know the fuel burn rate on that thing at WOT?

I had to look it up, Silverton 36C with twin 315 HP diesels cruising 3000 RPM 23 kts is about 16.5 GPH. Max 3600 RPM 26kts about 26GPH it takes a lot of fuel to push that through the water.

Back in my Navy days I ran 56ft target boats with 5 (yes 5) 330hp V8 Mercruiser inboards, 3000rpm 20 kts was 65GPH

Lone_RT_rider

I had to look it up, Silverton 36C with twin 315 HP diesels cruising 3000 RPM 23 kts is about 16.5 GPH. Max 3600 RPM 26kts about 26GPH it takes a lot of fuel to push that through the water.

Back in my Navy days I ran 56ft target boats with 5 (yes 5) 330hp V8 Mercruiser inboards, 3000rpm 20 kts was 65GPH

It's a 37 ft Silverton with twin 350 HP 454 Chevy Big block has engines. 25 knots top speed with a cruise speed of 13 knots. At cruise speed it pulls 5 GPH ........per engine. :facepalm::jaw:

So you have friends in cartels? That could explain the plethora of bikes and boats you use up. I suppose you can only get one run per vehicle before the DEA starts looking for you...

As we say in Southern Illinois, bless your little heart! :wave:

Dragged or Drug—Which Is Correct? The recognized and correct past tense form of the verb drag is dragged. Drug can still sometimes be heard, but only in certain dialects within the United States Sometimes, a group of people have a way of speaking that's particular to them.

Dragged or Drug—Which Is Correct? The recognized and correct past tense form of the verb drag is dragged. Drug can still sometimes be heard, but only in certain dialects within the United States Sometimes, a group of people have a way of speaking that's particular to them.

Looked like an adjective when I first read it, I was imagining boats stashed all over two countries. Took me a bit to translate it to towed or trailered.

Somehow, "Bless your little heart!" sounds a lot like my Tennessee sister-in-laws' version of "That's nice!" Can't wait to use it with her! :dance:

Looked like an adjective when I first read it, I was imagining boats stashed all over two countries. Took me a bit to translate it to towed or trailered.

Somehow, "Bless your little heart!" sounds a lot like my Tennessee sister-in-laws' version of "That's nice!" Can't wait to use it with her! :dance:

:wave::clap::grin:

...I didn't see the narcotic connotation at all. I just assumed he was telling us he ran aground a lot. ;)

Well yah!. A boater that has never run aground is as rare as a Beemer owner who has never dropped a bike. :bike:

Well yah!. A boater that has never run aground is as rare as a Beemer owner who has never dropped a bike. :bike:

I assume you don't mean beached which is what we did at Point Barrow, Ak . in a small boat during our circumnavigation in '57