IGNORED

When you bring a knife to a gunfight, it doesn't matter who's right...

John Ranalletta

"The Sarasota Herald-Tribune reports that Hendrickson has a history of traffic violations including speeding, careless driving, leaving the scene of an accident without giving information, operating a motorcycle between lanes and failing to stop at a red light. He's also been charged with criminal theft and burglary with assault."

He seems to be a model motorcyclist! :rofl:

There's got to be more to the story but the rider obviously wasn't exactly a model citizen, or one with much of a brain frankly. Bike v Cage road rage is like picking a fight with a tank when all you have is can of mace and a rubber mallet.

We have two advantages: 1. We can stop faster. 2: We can get away faster.

Other than that, the laws of physics are against us when it comes to most other vehicles.

From the video it looks like two people with road rage. Painful to watch and a miracle the rider survived.

Like they used to say on an old cop show:

Edited by Bud
Rider1200RT

The driver is an illegal from south of the border. No valid drivers license, no insurance and driving like an asshole too. 'Nough said

Stupid is as stupid does. In this day and age it could have been a gun the driver pull and capped the rider. Even if the car driver was doing what the M/C rider claims take your moral indignation and either put that car way in front of you ar way behind you and leaave it alone from there.

That said, why wasn't the car drivers criminal and driving history even mentioned...even if it was totally clean. The M./C rider clearly is not a model citizen but there is the suggested bias toward the M/C rider by only mentioning his previous contacts with LEOs. I suspect anyone who would use their car as a weapon probably has some less than savory issues to highlight in his past as well.

Really, a pretty simple lesson: whenever you escalate a confrontation, the outcome is unpredictable. Under the best of circumstances, you can thump your chest and proclaim that you showed the other guy.

On the other hand, you may end up in the morgue.

Isn't Florida a "Stand your ground" state. Lucky the driver didn't pull out a pistol and shoot.

When you are riding a motorcycle, you can not afford to let your emotions get out of hand.

Other than that, the laws of physics are against us when it comes to most other vehicles.

From the video it looks like two people with road rage. Painful to watch and a miracle the rider survived.

Like they used to say on an old cop show:

It would seem neither of those advantages worked for this rider. As others have said, it's stupid to let your emotions get away from you on a bike. You're just asking to be killed.

It would seem neither of those advantages worked for this rider. As others have said, it's stupid to let your emotions get away from you on a bike. You're just asking to be killed.

There's that and in this case it looked to me like the biker was, at the time the video was shot (who knows what might have happened before), the aggressor and those two properties would then make it impossible for the cager to escape (I he wanted to that is).

I saw a longer video, the biker chased the car for over a mile before riding next to him.

Butt head vs Butt head.

At least there actions didn't cause others to crash.

In 1988, while commuting home in Manhattan, a yellow cab cut me off pretty dramatically. In classic NYC fashion, I used the 'thank you' hand gesture at which time the driver promptly rolled his window down and hacked up a big green goober and launched in my direction. Hit right in the middle of my shield. This happened on 10th ave near 38th or 39th street. Next thing I realized I was I was racing down the sidewalk on 49th street between 6th and 7th avenues (that's about 1 or 2 miles) trying to catch him. That's when I cooled down enough enough to realize that cabbies back then usually carried mini baseball bats (thanks to Yankee's 'Bat Day') with nails driven through the ends. They can be a pretty medieval lot those NY cabbies.

Anyway. This video reminded me of that day and I got a lot smarter about confrontations with cabbies specifically and cagers in general. :dopeslap: