IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

szurszewski

90% car, but still a "motorcycle". :S

00J0J_bwd8gjMpKaW_600x450.jpg

link

I've only seen one in person. Interesting concept. Wonder how many were made?

800 initially starting in 2006 or something like that, then a break in production between 2008 and 2013 - not sure after that.

(this all according to my googling earlier because I'd never seen one and had to look it up)

szurszewski

Isn't that Tundra Green? In any case, it's my favorite oilhead color.

...and shamrock shakes...well, we may have to agree to disagree.

roadscholar

It is Tundra Green, my favorite also on an RT, too bad they didn't put it on a GS..

...and shamrock shakes...well, we may have to agree to disagree.

To be honest, we prolly disagree much less than you might think. I was being overly generous to McDonald's. And the color is one of my favorites, too, despite the similarity.

WOW!! I had no idea a water buffalo was worth $10,000. :rofl:

The re5 is a rotary engine.

The water buffalo was a triple 2 stroke - GT 750.

1998 R1100RT 55,5600 miles $2800 or trade

1100cc oil head BMW touring motorcycle, 55,560 miles, Black with custom blue/gray graphics, hard bags and top trunk, Cee Bailey windshield, New Ohlin suspension, new steel brake lines, newish Michelin tires, PIAA lights, Moto lights, Services up to date by MOTOHANK in DillleyTX. Runs very well. Will consider trade for F650gs, airhead, 1200C, Triumph T100, Moto Guzzi

Price: $2800

Telephone: 512 963-4895

What that thing needs is some lights and a license plate.

How much fun would that be, stuck in traffic? Hopping from car to car to get to work!

How much fun would that be, stuck in traffic? Hopping from car to car to get to work!

Or School... :grin:

Hmm, don't remember my teachers looking like that. ;)

Pat

damn. Every time I think up something good, I google it, and someone's beat me to it.

TV remove with built in bottle opener. Been done.

Combination drive-in theater / RV park. Nope!

Twister! dots on bedsheets. Foiled agian.

An RC car that we could send to Mars to collect data. Who knew? :dontknow:

^ all great ideas!

Always wanted to be "the guy" who came up with "the Idea" but the 24/7 rerun of motorcycle thoughts leaves little room. :grin: A guy I work with is one of "those guys" He came up with the idea of putting lights in the soles of firefighting boots. Should be on the market soon.

Thank you Josh... :dopeslap::grin:

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/mcy/d/2002-ducati-st4s/6566023718.html

00l0l_3m9x5wz6Vr7_1200x900.jpg

Pat

szurszewski
^ all great ideas!

Always wanted to be "the guy" who came up with "the Idea" but the 24/7 rerun of motorcycle thoughts leaves little room. :grin: A guy I work with is one of "those guys" He came up with the idea of putting lights in the soles of firefighting boots. Should be on the market soon.

Thank you Josh... :dopeslap::grin:

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/mcy/d/2002-ducati-st4s/6566023718.html

00l0l_3m9x5wz6Vr7_1200x900.jpg

Pat

Hey - not a problem!

That's pretty! I mean, it's not "the" right color for a Ducati... but still nice ;)

(it's also a bunch more money and a fair bit more HP than the little old ST2 I'm now quite looking forward to getting my hands on...)

True, second best color. I think it looks better on certain models like this Superlight 900 SS! :thumbsup:

Richard-Elder-MKIV--607_ei61nn21.jpg

Pat

szurszewski
True, second best color. I think it looks better on certain models like this Superlight 900 SS! :thumbsup:

Richard-Elder-MKIV--607_ei61nn21.jpg

Pat

I think the STs also look good in yellow - I don't think I've ever felt like I was in a position to seek out a color vs a good/better deal, and I'm certainly not now, but I was thinking if I got one I'd like it to be yellow or red. The blue and grey aren't bad colors, but if you're going to have a Ducati I think it should be a bit flashy, and if you're like me and thinking this is likely to be your only Ducati, well, I guess it should be red :)

Now that one might be a little too good to be true. Still a cool machine! :thumbsup:

Pat

Ya, I'ma thinking so.

Now that one might be a little too good to be true. Still a cool machine! :thumbsup:

Pat

On ADV Hack forum, it's confirmed to be a scam.

1988 G/S Bumbelbee

This is a nice ride! Bodywork is straight and complete, factory toolkit onboard. Speedometer was just rebuilt and shows 44k miles, but service records indicate something closer to 75 or 80k. Service history also shows a Black Diamond valve job, transmission rebuild, and Ohlins shock-- all at Big Twin BMW in Boise, ID. Bike has fresh fluids/filter, and is freshly tuned and a strong runner!

I bought this planning on disassembling and doing a ground-up restoration, followed by ride to Alaska and Tuktoyaktuk and then keeping it for day rides on the local mountain fireroads. Life intervened and the AK ride moved up on the schedule, so I bought another R100GS that was pretty much ready to go and never started major work on the Bee. Carbs are freshly and completely rebuilt with all new gaskets, o-rings, needles, etc.

I just bought another older GS, actually a G/S, so I need more space and less projects!

Priced at $4100 firm

Contact info:

1st choice-- email to sidecar@mtrider.net

2nd choice-- Text to 435-757-7253

3rd choice-- voice to 435-757-7253 and leave a voicemail clearly stating name and number, you WILL receive a callback.

MOA 88 Bumbelbee

"After getting bike appraised, I adamantly believe this is a fair asking price."

Guess we should hire his appraiser! :rofl:

You told me that thing would hold it's value. You idiot! You better get seven five for that thing, honey, or I'm taking the kids and moving home with mother.

roadscholar
Wow, he thinks a lot of that one!

It's not even the dual spark .

You told me that thing would hold it's value. You idiot! You better get seven five for that thing, honey, or I'm taking the kids and moving home with mother.

Pfft, couch experts. :grin: Whether he sells it or not right now, with that low mileage it'll slowly increase in value as all the average ones with 80-140k die off. It's one of the best compromises of simplicity, touring comfort, handling, and light off-road BMW ever produced. Ten years from now everyone will be lamenting the good old days when they coulda bought a really nice one for $6500.

Had this one about fifteen years and it's still a favorite so I'm probably a little biased : )

002.jpg