IGNORED

Seen on ADV

szurszewski

He has - sort of quietly - listed the rig for sale over on ADV as well. In fact, I'm sitting across the room from a potential buyer who is at this moment on the phone with Ara...

(and not, it's not Laura - she doesn't really talk to people on the phone...)

Edited by szurszewski

Well I just looked there, a real piece of history at a very attractive price and it includes the aluminum trailer to boot!

I think it should be in the Wheels Thru Time museum!

szurszewski
Well I just looked there, a real piece of history at a very attractive price and it includes the aluminum trailer to boot!

I think it should be in the Wheels Thru Time museum!

Per his reply on ADV, and from what I can hear of his side of the conversation, I don't think Ara wants it to be in a museum - I think it's important to him that it be ridden. On the other hand, I totally get what you're saying.

Maybe we need to figure out how to turn it into a rolling museum and pass it on from one adventure to the next and the next...

Good plan. Drive to where it is, put it on the trailer, bring it to my house and I will then pass it along to the next person.

szurszewski
Good plan. Drive to where it is, put it on the trailer, bring it to my house and I will then pass it along to the next person.

I'll mention that to the new almost owner (deposit is getting mailed and he's planning to pick it up next week). ;)

roadscholar
Glad I met Ara before he left Atlanta. Great guy!

He is, I met Ara at the Bulow BMW campground at bike week in the late 90's(?) Bummer about Spirit, but I think at some point down the road it would be cool if that rig was donated to the Barber Museum and could sit in the same room with Jim Rogers airhead RT, Jacqueline's F650, and a few other extraordinary travel bikes.

szurszewski

He is, I met Ara at the Bulow BMW campground at bike week in the late 90's(?) Bummer about Spirit, but I think at some point down the road it would be cool if that rig was donated to the Barber Museum and could sit in the same room with Jim Rogers airhead RT, Jacqueline's F650, and a few other extraordinary travel bikes.

Have they moved her bike up from the basement? I was pretty sad to not be able to see when we there. We stayed with RTRuss and his wife Peggy Sue in the first couple of weeks of our trip, and Jacqueline - and some goofy looking guy - showed up as surprise guests at dinner the night we arrived.

I'll mention that to the new almost owner (deposit is getting mailed and he's planning to pick it up next week). ;)

Fantastic, glad it will get used.

We've met Ara and Spirit a few times. Once by plan and twice by chance. They stayed at our old place in SLC once after I found him while out on a day ride. You learn the sound of that rig. I was stopped and off in the bush making photos when I heard it coming and ran out in time to catch them. Another time we ran into them at dusk at Deadhorse Point.

He is a fascinating person.

roadscholar

Have they moved her bike up from the basement? I was pretty sad to not be able to see when we there. We stayed with RTRuss and his wife Peggy Sue in the first couple of weeks of our trip, and Jacqueline - and some goofy looking guy - showed up as surprise guests at dinner the night we arrived.

Was it this goofy looking guy?

Richard%20008-X2.jpg