IGNORED

RE: BMW Garmin GPS Warranty

Skywagon

Hi folks. Thought I would pass this along as a very pleasant surprise. I have a Nav V on my bike. I bought it at the time of the purchase of the bike. The battery has given up. I wrote Garmin in a chat session and to my amazement the device has a 5 year 70,000 mile warranty if bought from the dealer.....so they are sending me a battery under warranty. The device is 4 years and 2 months old. If bought direct from Garmin or anyone else it has a 1 year warranty. The agent told me that was a deal negotiated with them by BMW..... Thank you Garmin, Thank you BMW.

I've had a number of Garmin's thru the years starting with the Nuvi 200 up to the current 2797 and 3590 (cage and bikes). I have had numerous conversations with Customer Service and have always had a smile when it was over. They really seem to enjoy going above and beyond. I do think part of that is that they see my long history with them, my history of CS calls, and my responses to "questionnaires" and "surveys", etc. Or, maybe we just got started on the "right foot" for a change.

I have also replaced screens, connectors, and internal batteries on several Nuvi units from outside sources. Chris Short at PalmDR is a very good source for Garmin aftermarket parts and information, very helpful.

Just my 2¢.