IGNORED

2016 r1200rt BT

nick1234

Hopefully this hasn't been discussed, but, my apologies if it has. I have a 2016 R1200RT. Does anyone know if the on board BT (I believe it is BT 2.0) can be updated to the latest BT 4.0 technology?

• 1 month later...
nh_handyman

I'm about to join the crowd on this.

There are a few videos of making the mods out there.

Its my understanding that the SM10 is not going to rebroadcast bluetooth - meaning I won't pair my phone with it, then have it stream music from my phone. I will have to use a headphone jack to go from my phone to the SM10.

I'll be curious about the phone call aspect through the NAV system (to my SENA intercom system).

Bill_Walker

Its my understanding that the SM10 is not going to rebroadcast bluetooth - meaning I won't pair my phone with it, then have it stream music from my phone. I will have to use a headphone jack to go from my phone to the SM10.

I'll be curious about the phone call aspect through the NAV system (to my SENA intercom system).

As far as I know, the SM10 is a one-way device, with two wired audio sources in and one Bluetooth connection out. Mine has inputs from bike audio, via the Motochello bridge, and from my V1. The SM10 is paired with my Sena 20S helmet intercom. My phone is paired to my Navigator VI (mainly for the Garmin Link weather and traffic functions). The Navigator VI is also paired to my 20S. I can answer calls on my phone with this setup, although I do seem to have to turn up the volume on the Sena a bunch once the call connects. I haven't tried making any calls.

As far as I know, the SM10 is a one-way device, with two wired audio sources in and one Bluetooth connection out. Mine has inputs from bike audio, via the Motochello bridge, and from my V1. The SM10 is paired with my Sena 20S helmet intercom. My phone is paired to my Navigator VI (mainly for the Garmin Link weather and traffic functions). The Navigator VI is also paired to my 20S. I can answer calls on my phone with this setup, although I do seem to have to turn up the volume on the Sena a bunch once the call connects. I haven't tried making any calls.

Bill have you looked at the volume controls in the Nav VI, it allows you to control the volume for Navigation, Phone and Media? From the main menu click on volume,click wrench, click audio mixer. I assume the Nav VI is like my Nav V

Jay