IGNORED

Rider's Manual

old_farmer

I'm reading up on all the stuff that I should have read earlier...

On page 12 of my RT rider's manual, in the "General View" of the bike, the right side picture of the bike points to the tail section and labels it as "Rider's Manual (US Model)".

I see nowhere in the tail section where a manual might be kept.

Am I missing something obvious here? It's kind of annoying not having anywhere on the bike (other than the bags) to carry the manual.

Thanks

hey..where have you been...haven't seen you on here in a while. I carry mine on my cell phone as a pdf file. If you need a copy let me know and I can send you one. The real one is tucked away in my house.

I think that there is room under the rear cover besides where the alarm module go, if you had one. That space looks to be just big enough to hold the manual! :)

+1 on PDF on smartphone. That way I can reference it wherever. Besides that location on my RT now is taken up by the Hex ezCAN dongle and associated branch circuits

+2 on PDF copy. I keep it in Dropbox, so I can access it from anywhere in a pinch, with a copy also downloaded to my phone. I keep the hard copy at home.

Guess I'll download the pdf onto my phone. Didn't have these problems back in the day when I was running a HD Sportster. On the other hand, the HD rode like a truck and wasn't very happy over 60 mph.

Wondering where one would store the owners manual of a Sporty? Under the seat I guess...quick access, only 1 bolt to get it off :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Downloadable manuals are at http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/index.html?content=http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/services/manuals/manuals_main.html

Select Rider's Manuals on the left, and then find your bike on the right side.

I'm having a little trouble accessing the site using the Chrome browser, but it works fine with Edge and Internet Explorer. I need to find out how to kill Chrome's nanny mentality.

EDIT: My problem, not Chrome's - This is a new computer, not yet fully configured. I needed to disable my ad-blocker for the site, now loads fine

Edited by lkraus

Went to the site on Chrome browser and the only manuals that show are for GS models. Is that Chrome or some other issue?

Did you try using the scroll bar at the right of the list? I can see several models when I scroll the list.

I've never been able to link directly to a particular manual. Every attempt I have made (like AndyS' link) takes you to the page, but with the right hand menu collapsed. Use the "+" icons to expand the correct model, scroll as needed with the hard-to-see slider and arrows on the right until you reach the one that matches the fourth through eighth characters of your VIN. If I recall correctly, manuals are available for all models since about 2005 (Hexheads and later).