IGNORED

Any feedback on system case interior bags?

89quattro

89quattro

Can't handle the mess when I open up the side cases when arriving at work. Need 3 hands to turn the key, lift the latch with one hand, apply some light pressure with the other to prevent the case from lifting off the mounts, and a third to catch the lid and anything else inside that is loose.

Spotted these as an option, a bit pricey, but they look like they will do the job. Any experience with these or other types on an '04RT?

https://www.bobsbmw.com/store/product/kathys-system-case-liners-for-r1100-1150-rtrss-models

http://www.rka-luggage.com/A06%20Liners/R1100/R1100RT.html

Go with the least expensive ? Sadly, Cee Bailey no longer makes them.

How about some gym bags in black ?

Remember, the liners will eat up space by just being there.

I'm happy with a set of Kathy's bags on my R1200RT. They are well made and are sized to flex and match the irregular shape of the pannier. The material is as heavy as most of my backpacks, so the durability is good. (Note the lifetime guarantee.) Unlike the BMW liners, there is no extra padding or stiffening to maintain shape and eat up space. The small space the bags use is greatly offset by the much greater volume of stuff that stays in the pannier when I open the lid. I could not carry nearly as much stuff without the liners.

Can't handle the mess when I open up the side cases when arriving at work. Need 3 hands to turn the key, lift the latch with one hand, apply some light pressure with the other to prevent the case from lifting off the mounts, and a third to catch the lid and anything else inside that is loose.

Spotted these as an option, a bit pricey, but they look like they will do the job. Any experience with these or other types on an '04RT?

http://www.rka-luggage.com/A06%20Liners/R1100/R1100RT.html

The RKA bags are terrific. I've traveled with them and for me, they were worth every penny.

Safe riding,

Aram

Sam Taylor

+1 on the Kathy's. I've had mine for 24 (!) years and they look and work as new. RKA makes great stuff too, but in this case I prefer the non rigid design of the Kathy's--makes a good emergency pillow!

I have a set of Kathy's expandable bags, work great. I also have a set of BMW original bags, black, yellow trim w/purple accents.

The expandables fit all system cases, and can expand to fit the touring lids, which I had.

The BMW bags have shoulder straps and fit system cases.

Haven't listed them in classifieds yet.

PM me if interested.

• 2 years later...

After 8 years of constant use my main bag (left) zipper broke/wore out. I sent them  to Kathys across the country on a Friday and received a new one 5 business days later. Great service!  ‘‘Tis is one of 6of her bags I have, and all the others are in great shape.