IGNORED

Rear tire losing pressure

MoteroNC

Last time I changed my rear tire I was losing pressure. I ended up replacing the steam and sealing around the base of the post to wheel interface. After doing this the problem went away.

I just had new tires put in and the same problem occurred again. So questions is wether others had a similar reoccurance? Appreciate any inside.

I had an issue with my rear tire deflating at highway speed when the rear valve failed due to the extra weight of my TPMS sensor.

I replaced it with a short metal stem valve and had no issue since (Multiple tire change)

It also makes checking the pressure and inflating the rear tire much easier.

https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=71&osCsid=ds2t2jb3014gi90mcp3s8112h7

I don't have the OEM TPMS which is built in the valve.

Mine are external valves caps.

If you have the OEM TPMS my solution is no good to you since changing the valve will remove the TPMS

TPMS_Rear_sensor_-_BMW.jpg

TPMS_-_Steelmate.jpg

TPMS_5.jpg

I will research if the seals for the TPMS base can be purchased individually. If so when I replace the tire next time I will also put in new seals as that maybe the culper. If others have experience with buying this seals appreciate any inside. Thank you for sharing your set up.

dirtrider
I will research if the seals for the TPMS base can be purchased individually. If so when I replace the tire next time I will also put in new seals as that maybe the culper. If others have experience with buying this seals appreciate any inside. Thank you for sharing your set up.

Evening MoteroNC

You can buy a rear TPS sensor repair kit from BMW but it is very pricy for what you get (about $47.00).

To me the cap & rubber seal looks pretty generic & looks like a lot of similar automotive seals/ caps.

You probably only need a new seal -- you might remove the seal then head off to a local tire shop to see if they can match it up to something they have in stock.

Thank you that sounds like a plan. I was able to install it tighter for now and sealed it but will buy seals for next tire change or if problem comes back. I depend on a shop to install tires onto wheels so will try to research size etc :-)