IGNORED

2008 r1200gs abs replaced - fluid procedure

oilhead1100s1150rt

oilhead1100s1150rt

Good Day, just installed a newly rebuilt ABS unit. Just having some issues with bleeding the brakes. I am utilizing a mini vac. I can not get air out of the front brake lines. Realizing the system is completely full of air, what is the best procedure for bleeding? Rear reservoir seems to react properly, front reservoir shows no bubbles at all with trying traditional bleeding method.

Help, Thanks, Dave

Good Day, just installed a newly rebuilt ABS unit. Just having some issues with bleeding the brakes. I am utilizing a mini vac. I can not get air out of the front brake lines. Realizing the system is completely full of air, what is the best procedure for bleeding? Rear reservoir seems to react properly, front reservoir shows no bubbles at all with trying traditional bleeding method.

Help, Thanks, Dave

Afternoon Dave

Start with all bleeders closed & master cylinder about 3/4 full of fluid.

Then move brake lever just a little distance (kind of in & out about 1/8-1/4 stroke ) keep moving,stop, moving it, stop it until all the little air

bubbles stop coming out of the little take-up port hole in the bottom of the master cylinder reservoir.

This will purge the most of the air from the master cylinder & brake lines down to the ABS controller. (you might have to turn the handlebars

to have the master cylinder higher & leaning, or put bike on side stand)

Once you get most of the air out of the master cylinder bore & brake lines from the master cylinder to ABS unit then it should bleed out normally.

Set brake lever adjuster to max stroke before doing the lower bleeding.

oilhead1100s1150rt

That was it. I did not utilize the bleeder properly at the master cylinder. Thanks again DR! 100% now.