IGNORED

Key? On display

dave_albany

dave_albany

So my key fob in the compartment is t allowing the startup on my 2015. There is a little red liht that lights up when I try to power on.

The only way to start the bike is to hod the fob right next to the start button. There also is a “Key?”appaering on the main display.

Thanks for the help.

Not sure of everything going on here, The round red light is the system saying the key less fob is out of range. If the key appearing on the main display is showing a half or fully drained battery in yellow you need to replace the battery in the fob. The Youtube below shows how simple it is, but does require quite a tug on the battery cover. I ended up using a small block of wood the fits the gap between the fob battery cap and fob body to pop the cover as I just didn't have the hand strength to tear it off with my bare hand.

This one talks about resetting the code sync between the fob and the bike on an RT, which I did not need to do when replacing my battery.

So my key fob in the compartment is t allowing the startup on my 2015. There is a little red liht that lights up when I try to power on.

The only way to start the bike is to hod the fob right next to the start button. There also is a “Key?”appaering on the main display.

Thanks for the help.

The key symbol is perhaps accompanied by battery level symbol? That would indicate that the battery level in your key fob is getting low, WHICH might be why the fob doesn't work from inside the compartment any more! :)

Very easy to replace, and the battery is CR2032.

Bill_Walker

If the problem is not the battery, it might be the location of your fob, and/or your tank bag mount if you have one. I've run into problems in cars with having the keyless fob in the same pocket as my phone. And my understanding is that the sensor for the fob is in the gas filler assembly, so having a tank bag mount ring there seems to sometimes interfere with the signal (I occasionally get the Key? while I'm riding and I think this is the reason).

Oldironken
... And my understanding is that the sensor for the fob is in the gas filler assembly, so having a tank bag mount ring there seems to sometimes interfere with the signal (I occasionally get the Key? while I'm riding and I think this is the reason).

i will keep that in mind. There is one gas station i use where my FOB doesn't work if i am parked right next to the pump, even with a brand new battery. If i roll the bike forward a foot or two it works fine.

I keep the key in a chest pocket of my riding jacket, next time this happens i'll lay on the tank and see what happens.