IGNORED

owner/operator manual

Rick Ward

I have a 2000 R1100RT that is new to me. Previous owner had no manual. Is there a publication that I need that covers more than the dashboard and more toward service, service intervals, adjustments etc.? Secondly should the engine gain rpm when turning the handle bars to either full locked or near full lock position? Thanks.

Rick Ward

I have a 2000 R1100RT that is new to me. Previous owner had no manual. Is there a publication that I need that covers more than the dashboard and more toward service, service intervals, adjustments etc.? Secondly should the engine gain rpm when turning the handle bars to either full locked or near full lock position? Thanks.

Rick Ward

Afternoon Rick

The newer BMW boxer bikes have online downloadable riders manuals but the older 1100/1150 bikes didn't have any BMW (online) published riders manuals so someone would have to completely scan one & place it on line. If you keep looking on E-Bay they come up from time to time.

If you have specific questions just ask on this site as someone is sure to answer your questions.

As for RPM increase when turning the bars?-- It shouldn't as that means that either the throttle cable is adjusted too tight or the throttle cable is mis-routed in the steering neck area. BUT!- some do increase the RPM's slightly even when adjusted & routed correctly.

Lone_RT_rider
BUT!- some do increase the RPM's slightly even when adjusted & routed correctly.

DR, this is where I keep mine (adjusted this tight). It's a personal preference. I like the quick throttle response. Also, I know that when it stops doing this the cables have stretched a bit. :)

Greetings....

I posted this link in the thread of a new R850 owner, but it covers R1100RT's too..... check it out. First section has the maintenance schedule as well as the instructions for doing those things. Other sections probably have more info than you ever wanted to know.... (including repeating the instructions that are in the maintenance section)

R850 / 1100 Manual

Save PDF copy and keep it on your phone in case you need to look something up.

Don't think the rpm should change when moving bars to the stop, I've never noticed mine do that... maybe your throttle cables are adjusted too tight. (?)