IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

szurszewski
Wonk wonk wonk.

You back from the midwest already?

Nope - just picked it up this evening. Rode it about six miles from the guy's house to a motel and then put it on the trailer. (...and then maybe a couple hours later, after dinner, I went out and started it up, on the trailer, and revived the engine a little...maybe.)

szurszewski
Enjoy the drive home...

Well, day one has been interesting so far.

Looks like Duluth will be home tonight - might have to tarry in the morning long enough for Aerostich to open for the day...

szurszewski
Why would anyone buy this? It's a source of aggravation for me...

Parking meter

01515_8v5Zc3tNFSg_600x450.jpg

If I still owned a driving school....that would likely find its way to one of our classrooms, or maybe just next to my desk as a helmet holder!

Not to derail this thread.....but what are y'alls experience with these. I enjoy my RT.....but I still think the cruiser style rider permission is more comfortable. I see these from time to time.....but haven't got the nerve up to go look at one. What are the good, bad, and uglies??

No experience with this model in particular but I do know the Boxer engine pretty well and, I enjoy the seating position on my old Harley Ultra, so why not... :dontknow:

Pat

I owned a 1200C. It was a good cruising bike but it wasn't up to the task for the type riding I wanted to do. I always thought it was a bit underpowered. I traded it in on a 1200RT.

One thing, is a lot of people (myself included) don't like the looks of them. So it's handy if you do like it, or even don't mind it, because they're harder to sell, and you're likely to be able to buy one at a lower price than an equivalent, better looking model.

Edited by elkroeger

That thing reminds me of the Empire Strikes Back scene where Chewbacca is in the cell trying to figure out how to put C-3PO back together. 8-D

That thing reminds me of the Empire Strikes Back scene where Chewbacca is in the cell trying to figure out how to put C-3PO back together. 8-D

Seriously though, I bet you there's way more money there in parts than they are asking. Hell, just the wheel assemblies alone would cost more than what they are asking.

at 1200 miles, it's gotta be all garage damage - shoving the lawnmower in too close. That sort of thing. I blame the kids.

Bill_Walker
at 1200 miles, it's gotta be all garage damage - shoving the lawnmower in too close. That sort of thing. I blame the kids.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. And the exhaust corrosion down low is a matter of living too close to the beach.

szurszewski

Hey - you should buy it and I'll go get it for you.

Which reminds me, I got a sticker for you in South Dakota...

Yes, a scam. He is in the Army (lol) and won't be there in person to do the deal. DAMHIK :grin:

When I told him I only bought face to face with cash, never heard back. Oh, the last time he was in Alabama, but the pictures are the same.

Edited by Bud

Slightly OT. I've listed a 40' commercial grade tower on CL this morning. Within 15 minutes I had two scammers reply. Sigh.

szurszewski
Slightly OT. I've listed a 40' commercial grade tower on CL this morning. Within 15 minutes I had two scammers reply. Sigh.

I don't remember seeing a commercial tower at your place...

print_dt-longroad.jpg

No. I've been licensed since the 70s. W9BUD.

It is to get our Wi-Fi antenna higher for a more consistent signal.

szurszewski
No. I've been licensed since the 70s. W9BUD.

It is to get our Wi-Fi antenna higher for a more consistent signal.

Someone has a RC hot air balloon listed in the flea market on ADV - maybe that could work for you - 24" basket, but no idea what the payload capacity would be!

(Also had no idea there was even such a thing until yesterday...)

This was my first brand new motorcycle I owned. If it was orange I'd put up an offer, just because. :dontknow: Now my bike ran like crap when you got on the throttle pretty much the entire time I had it. For years I thought about why it ran so poorly and I think I may have figured it out. I use to clean the air filter all the time with Diesel Fuel. :dopeslap:

https://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1978-suzuki-ts185-enduro-dual/6605059592.html

00d0d_iIMJcFfgoX2_1200x900.jpg

Pat

Like I mentioned, if it was this color you'd probably have yourself a visitor! :shake: Man, I must of still enjoyed pumpkins even at 14! :grin:

1977-Suzuki-TS185-Orange-0.jpg

Pat