IGNORED

There is no non-corny way to do this.

J. Paganel

J. Paganel

"New here", "First post"... Blech.

Anyway, I am delurking. I have a 96 R1100RS, had it for a couple of years. Mostly managed repairs on my own, but did show up here looking for info on fixing the stupid oil sightglass blowout. Figured it out before the forum membership got approved.

Eye candy attached.

6901.jpg.1aa7b7762c7d3916bfdcdc67715e2c80.jpg

Edited by J. Paganel
I was just editing the profile....

Minneapolis.

See, You're gonna make it after all... :grin::thumbsup:

Pat

Joe Frickin' Friday
Welcome!

Say hello to White Bear Lake for me.

...and say hello to New Brighton for me (spent my teen years there).

I had a '97 R1100S and loved it.

Yes, it too had a leaky Sight Glass. They call it that because when it blows... it really makes a "sight" on the garage floor when the oil blows out.

You don't have to ask me how I know this. Fortunately an easy fix- after it blows.

Welcome on board.

Welcome J! Nice bike :bike: and congratulations on figuring out one of the ways to post a photo here! That's a hurdle for most folks on their first post. Well done, Sir!

And while you're at it... "Say hello to my little friend!" Oh wait.....

J. Paganel
Say hello to White Bear Lake for me.

...and say hello to New Brighton for me (spent my teen years there).

Next time I'm through there... :)

I had a '97 R1100S and loved it.

Yes, it too had a leaky Sight Glass. They call it that because when it blows... it really makes a "sight" on the garage floor when the oil blows out.

You don't have to ask me how I know this. Fortunately an easy fix- after it blows.

Oh, mine didn't really leak. Or, if it did, I didn't notice it because of the oil pressure switch leaking all over the place. :)

The week I got that switch replaced, the sight glass blew out with a loud pop and a massive oil spill 10 feet from my driveway.

When I saw that there is really nothing holding it in, I halfway considered threading the hole and putting in an industrial screw-in sightglass.

Welcome J! Nice bike :bike: and congratulations on figuring out one of the ways to post a photo here! That's a hurdle for most folks on their first post. Well done, Sir!
I work in tech support. Figuring out how things work is kinda what I do... :D

And while you're at it... "Say hello to my little friend!" Oh wait.....
You have a moped? :rofl: